SP300 Windows 7 Versaworks headache!

PrintexSolutionsLtd

SP300 Windows 7 Versaworks headache!

Post by PrintexSolutionsLtd » Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:46 pm

Hello,

Im new to the forum and hope im posting in the right place! We have recently purchased a second hand VersaCamm SP-300... its come with a computer thats hard work, has an old roland rip software on it. Previous place i worked for we had versaworks and it was bob on!

I contacted Roland to get an updated versaworks as the computer that came with the printer keeps dying. The plan was to set the printed up on the windows 7 pc that we have the other cutters and subli printers running from... thats where ive hit a stumbling block! Versaworks 5.5 isnt compatible with SP-300 from what ive read online... but thats what the Tech guys at Roland sent me. Any advice on how i can get my SP-300 working on windows 7 computer using would be brilliant because 3 days ive spent trying to work round getting it working.

Thanks,
Danny

Kai Perry

Re: SP300 Windows 7 Versaworks headache!

Post by Kai Perry » Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:52 pm

Just to confirm does the machine when it starts so SP-300 or SP-300V?

If an original SP-300 then this is not supported after Windows XP. The RIP software that would run this would be Roland ColoRIP.
Kai Perry
RolandCare Advisor
Roland DG (UK) Ltd
http://www.rolanddg.co.uk

PrintexSolutionsLtd

Post by PrintexSolutionsLtd » Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:58 pm

SP-300..... guessing thats not good then lol

Kai Perry

Post by Kai Perry » Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:57 pm

Ok, so it will only work with XP, you can download a copy of ColoRIP from this website. It states it's an upgrade but it is a full installer.
Kai Perry
RolandCare Advisor
Roland DG (UK) Ltd
http://www.rolanddg.co.uk

Koksan

Post by Koksan » Fri May 19, 2017 3:28 pm

Hello
I have just registered, so I am not familliar how to post a question ye, so I am doing it as a comment here.
I have a huge headache with my SP300V - with ink type. I've downloaded ICC profiles today from Orafol's website using the exact product series, inks and etc. When I tried to install the profile, it says that I am using sublimation inks, instead of Eco sol, wich is not true. I've entered in the printer settings from VersaWorks and the ink type was "Sublimation CMYK" with grey color, so I can't change it. Is there any way to change it, and why is a sublimation in the begining?