SP300 Windows 7 Versaworks headache!

PrintexSolutionsLtd

SP300 Windows 7 Versaworks headache!

Post by PrintexSolutionsLtd » Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:46 pm

Hello,

Im new to the forum and hope im posting in the right place! We have recently purchased a second hand VersaCamm SP-300... its come with a computer thats hard work, has an old roland rip software on it. Previous place i worked for we had versaworks and it was bob on!

I contacted Roland to get an updated versaworks as the computer that came with the printer keeps dying. The plan was to set the printed up on the windows 7 pc that we have the other cutters and subli printers running from... thats where ive hit a stumbling block! Versaworks 5.5 isnt compatible with SP-300 from what ive read online... but thats what the Tech guys at Roland sent me. Any advice on how i can get my SP-300 working on windows 7 computer using would be brilliant because 3 days ive spent trying to work round getting it working.

Thanks,
Danny

Kai Perry

Re: SP300 Windows 7 Versaworks headache!

Post by Kai Perry » Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:52 pm

Just to confirm does the machine when it starts so SP-300 or SP-300V?

If an original SP-300 then this is not supported after Windows XP. The RIP software that would run this would be Roland ColoRIP.
Kai Perry
RolandCare Advisor
Roland DG (UK) Ltd
http://www.rolanddg.co.uk

PrintexSolutionsLtd

Post by PrintexSolutionsLtd » Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:58 pm

SP-300..... guessing thats not good then lol

Kai Perry

Post by Kai Perry » Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:57 pm

Ok, so it will only work with XP, you can download a copy of ColoRIP from this website. It states it's an upgrade but it is a full installer.
Kai Perry
RolandCare Advisor
Roland DG (UK) Ltd

Koksan

Post by Koksan » Fri May 19, 2017 3:28 pm

Hello
I have just registered, so I am not familliar how to post a question ye, so I am doing it as a comment here.
I have a huge headache with my SP300V - with ink type. I've downloaded ICC profiles today from Orafol's website using the exact product series, inks and etc. When I tried to install the profile, it says that I am using sublimation inks, instead of Eco sol, wich is not true. I've entered in the printer settings from VersaWorks and the ink type was "Sublimation CMYK" with grey color, so I can't change it. Is there any way to change it, and why is a sublimation in the begining?

Kai Perry

Post by Kai Perry » Tue May 30, 2017 11:49 am

You would need to perform a pump up and then set the ink type correctly, it has likely been set incorrectly. An engineer may also be able to change the mode but this is not guaranteed.
Kai Perry
RolandCare Advisor
Roland DG (UK) Ltd

Koksan

Post by Koksan » Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:39 am

Thank you Kai
I did it yestoday, and it really hepled. I've changed the ink settings from sublimation to Eco sol. Yet, I am still unable to install ICC profiles, because my priter still tells me that it is SP300VS. Is it possible for the printer to be reinstallet as SP300V, and could it be allready reinstalled as 300 VS? I don't see the logic to have a cutting sublimation printer, so that makes me think, its allready changed to 300VS, but I maight be wrong