Versaworks loading really slowly

mr-gobby

Versaworks loading really slowly

Post by mr-gobby » Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:01 pm

Wondered if anyone could shed light on this. I restarted our versaworks windows7 pc which runs all our jobs on a bn-20. It took literally hours to load all the jobs and when finished I couldn't see any of the artwork images in the queue unless i clicked on/loaded them. I've restarted again and it's two+ hours in of loading still. Usually a few minutes does this fine, yes there are lots of things in the queue historically but why might it suddenly throw a hissy fit and what if anything can I do about it? If you've had this happen to you id love to know what you did. Thanks, Mark

mrtn
Gold Member

Re: Versaworks loading really slowly

Post by mrtn » Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:14 pm

Delete all unnecessary jobs, remove all windows temp files (CCleaner is a handy job for that). If that doesn't work, copy the Job files to a backup, initialize Versaworks, start VersaWorks, set the printer, turn off VersaWorks, copy the Job files back to the original location and you should be good.
Roland Dealer since 1993
facebook
instagram

mr-gobby

Post by mr-gobby » Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:35 pm

Hi, how do you copy the jobs file please mrtn?

mrtn
Gold Member

Post by mrtn » Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:53 pm

Go to C:\Program Files(x86)\Roland VersaWorks\VersaWorks\Printers\BN-20\. There you see two folders: Job-A and Job-B. Copy those to a safe location for the time of cleaning and initializing.
Roland Dealer since 1993
facebook
instagram

mr-gobby

Post by mr-gobby » Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:10 am

It eventually loaded so thanks I'll back them up anyway and clean down some jobs when I've run what I need to, thanks for your suggestions.