DXY-990 plots

Show off your creations
virgilg

Re: DXY-990 plots

Post by virgilg » Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:23 pm

I purchased a dxy 1300 that was missing its power supply. I 3D printed a little adapter from an old HP power supply connector to the Roland and it's printing fine...

Except the electrostatic bed doesn't hold the paper down. I measured the voltage at the bed's input (from the PCB's output) and I see a healthy 1.6kV. Any tips on what to look for? I really hope the bed itself is not broken. Is there a resistance load across the terminals or is it a capacitive load (I think that's likely).

Thanks!
Attachments
image.jpg
Final connector
image.jpg
Adapter before being glued shut

Someguy

Post by Someguy » Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:02 pm

I have a 980 that looks identical to yours. Its missing the power supply. I think I have it. I'm hoping I can find it.

What program/language are you using to drive it ? If I remember correctly, I drove mine with HPGL, something that no program supports anymore. There used to be an open source post script to HPGL, but I can't see to find it anymore. My PS has pins for 5V and 28V.

I have the manual for it somewhere.

yratof

Post by yratof » Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:48 pm

virgilg wrote:I purchased a dxy 1300 that was missing its power supply. I 3D printed a little adapter from an old HP power supply connector to the Roland and it's printing fine...

Except the electrostatic bed doesn't hold the paper down. I measured the voltage at the bed's input (from the PCB's output) and I see a healthy 1.6kV. Any tips on what to look for? I really hope the bed itself is not broken. Is there a resistance load across the terminals or is it a capacitive load (I think that's likely).

Thanks!
CAn I ask how you managed to get the power working, which HP alternative did you use?