Unable to use LPX scanners due to missing software

Need advice on using your Roland Hardware.
Please note we do not give engineering advice in this group
mobadr

Unable to use LPX scanners due to missing software

Post by mobadr » Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:36 pm

Hi all,

We, a makerspace in the UK, have recently aquired two used LPX scanners (LPX 250 and LPX 600) and a smaller modela one. Unfortunately we cannot locate any software CDs, all we have are the manuals and a small blue parallel port adapter with a label saying "pixiform pro". I managed to download and install the LPX EZ Studio software and the LPX 600 drivers for Windows 7 from rolanddg.co.uk but whenever I start the software a licensing error pops up and the software immediatly shuts down. Plugging the blue dongle into the computer does not seem to have any effect.

Can anyone please tell me what am I doing wrong? I saw some fragments of info here and there speaking of a "USB dongle", but we we dont have any USB dongles and I cannot find any mention of that in the manual we have.

We would really appreciate any help. We are quite excited about the scanners and look forward to being able to use them, so many thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Mo

Kai Perry

Re: Unable to use LPX scanners due to missing software

Post by Kai Perry » Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:42 pm

The parallel dongle is the software key for the Pixform Pro software. In order for the software to work, this would have to be plugged in.
Kai Perry
RolandCare Advisor
Roland DG (UK) Ltd
http://www.rolanddg.co.uk

mobadr

Re: Unable to use LPX scanners due to missing software

Post by mobadr » Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:19 pm

Thanks for the fast response. Do you know where can I get Pixiform Pro? I can only find links to download updates but not the software itself, and we don't have any CDs with the scanners.