Cleaning & Circulating Ink?

Need advice on using your Roland Hardware.
Please note we do not give engineering advice in this group
clearpoint
Bronze Member

Cleaning & Circulating Ink?

Post by clearpoint » Wed May 31, 2017 12:48 pm

Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone can tell me if the latest model for the Roland True Vis VG-540 tends to use more ink?

We were told that we would see a difference in the amount of ink that the machine uses compared to our old model, we have had the machine for around 3 months now and i have had to change the bottle every month.

I know it all depends on how much the machine has been used but we have seen a this machine use more ink etc than our old machine.

For some reason, we must get the message 'ink circulating' atleast 2 or 3 times a day, a cleaning around 2-3 times a day, this surely uses more ink up than previous?

Can someone please confirm this or our machine is meant to do all these cleaning procedures as stated?

Many thanks

Phil.

mrtn
Gold Member

Re: Cleaning & Circulating Ink?

Post by mrtn » Wed May 31, 2017 1:15 pm

Yes it is. It has lots of automated maintenance features to deal with the faster drying ink. Including a vat of cleaning fluid the machine dips the wiper into so it's always fresh.

You can expect a drop in ink usage in the very near future with the upcoming updates.
Roland Dealer since 1993
facebook
instagram

clearpoint
Bronze Member

Post by clearpoint » Wed May 31, 2017 1:36 pm

Many thanks for the reply.

So we were told wrongly then?

This machine does not use less ink atm?

When can we expect the update to sort this out then?

Someone needs telling off whoever stated that this machine uses less ink when you have stated it does not UNTIL an update has been written and developed that works?

mrtn
Gold Member

Post by mrtn » Wed May 31, 2017 3:36 pm

Who told you that this machine would use less ink?

The update is irrelevant here, it's just a technical feature not to address the extra ink consumption.
Roland Dealer since 1993
facebook
instagram

clearpoint
Bronze Member

Post by clearpoint » Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:33 am

Hi,

We were told when we enquired about the machine from the place we bought it from, the usual sales man talk by the sounds of it, we would see a great increase in ink longevity and coverage compared to our old VS-300.

Not to worry, you have answered my question, i had a feeling that this info was incorrect, we have just had to replace quite a few inks already, we were just surprised at how long we did NOT have to wait till we had warning signs from low levels of ink, esp the white as it does not seem to go very far, then again you need to use quite a bit of overprinting a few times due to the ink not being very transparant, definately should not be used on large area's of backing up.

Overall we are very happy with the machine, just these teething problems we are experiencing now and getting to know its behavour now it has settled down.

Phil.