Camm-1 pro slight misalignment cutting prints from SP540V

Need advice on using your Roland Hardware.
Please note we do not give engineering advice in this group
Bowber

Camm-1 pro slight misalignment cutting prints from SP540V

Post by Bowber » Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:52 am

Hi

As per the title.

My cutter is cutting slightly misaligned from the prints done on my SP540V, all printing and cutting is done via Versaworks and has been very close in the past.
I reset the print and cut alignment in the firmware on the SP540 using the auto print/cut alignment, I've turned the cutter holder round by 180 degrees on the Camm-1 to check if it's just an offset blade problem but every cut now seems to be consistently off to one side.
The print and cut done in the printer seems to be ok and no better or worse than previous, I don't tend to do much cutting with the printer now as it's usually easier to just laminate and cut with the Camm-1 and up till now the cut has been closer and much more consistent than the printer.

Is there a way to adjust this in the cutter or is it tied in with the printer settings?

Cutter is a 760 wide Camm-1 pro and is about 18 months - 2 years old
Printer is an SP540V, firmware is at least one generation behind as I've never done the last update for the latest max inks

Steve

Kai Perry

Re: Camm-1 pro slight misalignment cutting prints from SP540V

Post by Kai Perry » Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:34 am

Hi,

Please check the following -

1. Check that the EPS margin is not set (The cutter will not know that this has been added)

2. Ensure that centre on media is disabled
Kai Perry
RolandCare Advisor
Roland DG (UK) Ltd
http://www.rolanddg.co.uk