How to change a damper (LEF-300)

Need advice on using your Roland Hardware.
Please note we do not give engineering advice in this group
Lizardface

How to change a damper (LEF-300)

Post by Lizardface » Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:04 pm

Is it possible for the end user to change a damper, or do I need a tech to come in and check it out?
Currently I cannot print white. I've done all I can think of including lightly pressing a swab of cleaner against the head, soaking the head itself in cleaner, running all cleaning types, running an ink renewal and a circulation, the only thing I haven't tried is using a syringe because I am not sure how to do that currently. If someone has a walkthrough I can give it a shot, but I don't know what it is I should be doing to repair this. It happened last friday as well, but cleared up with a swab on the head and a cleaning.
full disclosure: I used to have a hard time remembering to shake my cartridge, but as of late it's the first thing I do in the morning before cleaning. We print white nearly every day and our other LEF-300 is currently out of commission and being looked in to by our tech and the people at Roland.

Any help would be much appreciated; has anyone experienced this before with the 300?

mrtn
Gold Member

Re: How to change a damper (LEF-300)

Post by mrtn » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:17 pm

Please do not attempt to service the LEF yourself. It's a hard job even for a trained tech. Lots of expensive parts to break and harmful fluids to get on your skin and, godforbid, eyes.
Roland Dealer since 1993
facebook
instagram

Lizardface

Re: How to change a damper (LEF-300)

Post by Lizardface » Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:39 pm

I discovered it was a cap top. The white cap top was in good shape, but the gloss cap was drawing air, and since they're on the same pump it was affecting the white. a quick replacement and it was all good! Took a lot of troubleshooting and a conference call with our tech to figure it out.