BN-20 Cleaning Cycle

Need advice on using your Roland Hardware.
Please note we do not give engineering advice in this group
jignog

BN-20 Cleaning Cycle

Post by jignog » Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:10 am

Hi all,
I was wondering if there is a way to schedule the BN-20 routine cleaning cycle. It seems to happen quite randomly in the evening or even the early hours with no set pattern. This particular machine is being operated at home at present so quite often we hear it firing up during the middle of the night (quite noisy in a silent house). Is there a way of scheduling this cycle to a particular set time of day or night or does it do it automatically after "x" amount of hours after it's last job?
Many thanks for your help.

Tom King
Silver Member

Re: BN-20 Cleaning Cycle

Post by Tom King » Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:11 pm

Periodical maintenence flushing will occur once every 8 hours periodically.

Periodical ink circulation will occur once every 12 hours on the metallic and the white model, but not on the double magenta model. No ink is consumed during circulation.

Timing not user programmable. Resetting main power will reset the counter, however.
Tom King
Technical Support Advisor
Roland DG UK Ltd
www.rolanddg.co.uk

magicant

Post by magicant » Sat Feb 11, 2017 3:29 pm

Hi guys... I'm really struggling to get the white ink to print...

It's been a few weeks since we last printed and now it's printing clear as though it needs a good circulation.

I've shaken cartridges and manual and normal and medium cleaned but it's still not printing pure white but rather see thru white.

Please can someone advise... I need to print white on clear labels before wed for an exhibition :)

All the best
Anthony

mrtn
Gold Member

Post by mrtn » Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:50 pm

You need to shake the white cartridge every time you turn on the printer. Twice a week when you're not using the printer at all.

Now the only thing you can do is to circulate and discharge.
Roland Dealer since 1993
facebook
instagram