Bringing an MDX40 up to date

Need advice on using your Roland Hardware.
Please note we do not give engineering advice in this group
paulr40

Bringing an MDX40 up to date

Post by paulr40 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:14 pm

Hi,

I've recently acquired an MXD40 mill, which I'm hoping to use for engraving, 3D machining, and PCB routing.

The CD that came with the mill has some software from the Windows XP era, which won't install on Windows 10. There doesn't seem to be much on Roland's website by way of more recent software to do the same job, although it seems SRP Player is the software included with their more current mills.

Can anyone recommend some more recent paid or free software that would get as much functionality from my MDX40 as possible?

Thank you,

Paul

Kai Perry

Re: Bringing an MDX40 up to date

Post by Kai Perry » Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:28 pm

You can download the update package for the MDX-40 to bring it up to an MDX-40A from this website.
Kai Perry
RolandCare Advisor
Roland DG (UK) Ltd
http://www.rolanddg.co.uk

paulr40

Post by paulr40 » Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:40 am

Thanks for your help, I think the SRP player software is what I need to do 3d machining, but the link you provided only has an upgrade for it. I'm lacking the original as it's not on my install CD. Is it available for download anywhere?

Kai Perry

Post by Kai Perry » Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:29 am

If your UK based Log a ticket with the support team they can provide you with the software.
Kai Perry
RolandCare Advisor
Roland DG (UK) Ltd

drehman

Post by drehman » Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:01 pm

Hello Moderators,

We have been using MDX40 at our school for microfabrication prototyping. Having learnt that it can be updated to 40A, I have given various tries and on the very beginning of the MDX40A-updater it says that "No Signal- Cannot find active printer driver ". Any solution to this problem?

Much thanks

Kai Perry

Post by Kai Perry » Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:06 pm

Does the machine connect to the PC if you are using the MDX-40 driver?
Kai Perry
RolandCare Advisor
Roland DG (UK) Ltd

drehman

Post by drehman » Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:00 pm

Kai Perry wrote:Does the machine connect to the PC if you are using the MDX-40 driver?
Yes, even without unplugging USB port, if machine is given a printing job through CAD software/ Dr. Engrave, it accepts it and performs required operation. As mentioned on some other posts, virtual panel app also does not work and to access VPanel, one has to access it through Printer (MDX40) properties.

Any help is appreciated. :)

Thanks

drehman

Post by drehman » Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:55 pm

drehman wrote:
Kai Perry wrote:Does the machine connect to the PC if you are using the MDX-40 driver?
Yes, even without unplugging USB port, if machine is given a printing job through CAD software/ Dr. Engrave, it accepts it and performs required operation. As mentioned on some other posts, virtual panel app also does not work and to access VPanel, one has to access it through Printer (MDX40) properties.

Any help is appreciated. :)

Thanks
I have started a new thread explaining our MDX40 project and related issues. If you choose to answer this question there.Link for the new post is: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=11110

drew_uk

Post by drew_uk » Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:03 pm

Hi,

I am having this same issue when trying to upgrade my MDX-40 to MDX-40A. I am using the updater from this link http://download.rolanddg.jp/en/3d.html#mdx40updatepack

The error says "No signal. Cannot find active printer driver." It occurs after you press OK on stage 2 of the updater.

I am running Windows 10 64bit with the Roland MDX-40 driver v1.20.
I have just updated the MDX-40 to the latest firmware available v1.90. I had the same error on firmware v1.80 as well.

I also had the same error on Windows 8 64bit when the Roland firmware was v1.80.

The MDX-40 to MDX-40A updater is version 1.00 released in July 2009. Before the Windows 7 general release. Am I going to have to find a Vista or XP machine to get this to work?

How do I get your updater software to work with W10?

Thanks,
Drew

drehman

Post by drehman » Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:24 pm

drew_uk wrote:,

I am having this same issue when trying to upgrade my MDX-40 to MDX-40A. I am using the updater from this link http://download.rolanddg.jp/en/3d.html#mdx40updatepack

The error says "No signal. Cannot find active printer driver." It occurs after you press OK on stage 2 of the updater.

I am running Windows 10 64bit with the Roland MDX-40 driver v1.20.
I have just updated the MDX-40 to the latest firmware available v1.90. I had the same error on firmware v1.80 as well.
>> I am having same issues at the very same steps with same operating system.

The MDX-40 to MDX-40A updater is version 1.00 released in July 2009. Before the Windows 7 general release. Am I going to have to find a Vista or XP machine to get this to work?

How do I get your updater software to work with W10?
>> Curious to have an answer as well. Anyone please....