Blocked Heads caused by White Ink on VS-640

Need advice on using your Roland Hardware.
Please note we do not give engineering advice in this group
pegatineando

Re: Blocked Heads caused by White Ink on VS-640

Post by pegatineando » Mon Aug 01, 2016 2:49 pm

mrtn wrote:You should never do a powerful cleaning. It's a waste of ink, heads and pumps.
If a couple of medium cleanings does not cure the problem your problem lays somewhere else. In your case I would replace the white damper first.
Just today I have done minimun 15 powerfull cleanings. And still nothing

I had to do 2 ink renewal to patch the problem. With that now the white is flowing again. But more than 1000cc (in total) of ink to the trash!!!

But beside of that, big thanks for the support and quick feedback :)

robdol

Post by robdol » Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:42 pm

Hello, I have the same problem.
When I changed the white ink to version 2 the problems started.
Now I have the head clogged in white.
When I do a testprint does not print a single line in white. What do you recommend me to do?
Thank you

mrtn
Gold Member

Post by mrtn » Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:13 pm

Nothing really, if it's fully clogged. A service engineer can get it running in no time with little risk, also ask him why you weren't told to shake the white cartridge every day.
Roland Dealer since 1993
facebook
instagram

itfben
Bronze Member

Post by itfben » Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:18 am

pegatineando wrote:
Mon Aug 01, 2016 2:49 pm
mrtn wrote:You should never do a powerful cleaning. It's a waste of ink, heads and pumps.
If a couple of medium cleanings does not cure the problem your problem lays somewhere else. In your case I would replace the white damper first.
Just today I have done minimun 15 powerfull cleanings. And still nothing

I had to do 2 ink renewal to patch the problem. With that now the white is flowing again. But more than 1000cc (in total) of ink to the trash!!!

But beside of that, big thanks for the support and quick feedback :)
Jesus what a waste, don't do any powerful cleans you waste your other working inks! Get a syringe and syringe it through. I used to do powerful cleans and it's spot on it's not a solution. If you put all cleaning cartridges in and wanted to pull all cleaning solution through until clear then put all new cartridges in and pull all ink through at same time - which you'd never do unless ink conversion then powerful clean is used otherwise don't touch it mate. It purely lines Roland's pockets in any other circumstances.