moving

Need advice on using your Roland Hardware.
Please note we do not give engineering advice in this group
totaldesignsltd

moving

Post by totaldesignsltd » Thu Sep 01, 2016 12:11 pm

what is the best and safe way in moving the sp540i as we are only moving to a new place but don't want damage heads etc any advice
Total designs ltd

Kai Perry

Re: moving

Post by Kai Perry » Tue Oct 25, 2016 5:23 pm

This really depends on how long the machine is going to be off, if you are just moving it and then installing imediately and If you are only moving the machine hoirizontally, in that you aren't going down stairs or tilting the machine too much, you could just attach the head lock and empty the drain bottle.

If you are tilting it, you would need to perform a pump-up and if you are looking for a period of more than 2 days without reinstalling, you would need to perform a head wash.
Kai Perry
RolandCare Advisor
Roland DG (UK) Ltd
http://www.rolanddg.co.uk

totaldesignsltd

Post by totaldesignsltd » Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:36 am

how would I do a head lock
Total designs ltd

mrtn
Gold Member

Post by mrtn » Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:40 am

There's a blue head lock clamp that came with your printer. It's usually stored behind the printer, below the electronics compartment, right behind the waste bottle.
Roland Dealer since 1993
facebook
instagram

Craig76

Post by Craig76 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:58 pm

We're doing exactly the same thing, in that we're moving to new premises about 2 miles away. Printer would be switched off for 20-30 mins max.

It won't be going up or down any stairs but we're obviously concerned after reading a couple of forum posts elsewhere.

How much tilt is too much, as there is an incline between our current and new premises. Does it need to be kept absolutely level, ie. when stepping up into the back of the van.
I can remember reading somewhere that we have to completely drain the printer using cleaning cartridges and we would have to buy 4 of them.
Apologies if these are really novice questions but I'd rather ask them than risk damaging it.

The printer is a SP540i.

Edit: And how much would we be looking at to have a Roland engineer do it for us? (northeast England)

Kai Perry

Post by Kai Perry » Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:17 pm

When we attend shows we will use ramps to get them into the back of a van, the tilt is more if you have to tip it further like going down stairs.

If you are really worried that it is too much, perform a pump up on the machine, this will drain the ink, you then empty the drain bottle and place the head lock, once you have moved the machine, turn it back on and choose the correct ink type and then perform the ink fill. This doesn't use any cleaning cartridges and is suitable for a move in the same day, if the machine was to be left off for a longer period then a head wash would be necessary.

You could arrange for an engineer to be at site to prepare and then at the new site to recommission the machine, if this is something you are interested in please raise a case with our RolandCare team.
Kai Perry
RolandCare Advisor
Roland DG (UK) Ltd
http://www.rolanddg.co.uk

Craig76

Post by Craig76 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:32 am

Thanks for the reply.

I'll read through the procedures properly in the book then if in any doubt, I'll look in to getting an engineer out.

Thanks again