software ruler to use with design programs...free

Post questions, share ideas and techniques relating to the iModela
chevy6600
Silver Member

software ruler to use with design programs...free

Post by chevy6600 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:28 pm

Hi all, i found the imodela creator program lacking in a ruler and on my laptop you cannot even see the sizing at the bottom of the program as it gets pushed off the bottom, but i have found a free program that superimposes a ruler over the top of any program that measures pixel by pixel, here is a screen grab of me running 2 instances of it. It has various options so give it a go, it`s better than nothing. Apart from allowing you to take measurements to enable in a comparison fashion, it allows the ability to line up different objects as you would a ruler in reality. I would of found this of great help when i did my `diy 4th axis project `.
If you fancy a go this is the link http://www.tucows.com/thankyou.html?swid=506718 as this is free ware they encourage you to down load other adds and downloaders etc that's where they make there money i guess but the adds etc. can be uninstalled if you inadvertently install them. The `install` button is the actual words in small print ` click here to start it manually.`
Attachments
creator using ruler.jpg