Jewellery with the iModela

Post questions, share ideas and techniques relating to the iModela
Andrew Dudley
Gold Member

Jewellery with the iModela

Post by Andrew Dudley » Thu May 16, 2013 1:32 pm

Have a look at this blog, some very nice milling on the iModela.

LINK

And not to offer a totally bias view, here is something on a UP! 3D printer also.
LINK
Attachments
iMod1.JPG
Andrew Dudley
Business Manager - 3D & Dental
Roland DG (UK) Ltd
Web: www.rolanddg.co.uk

Julian5714

Re: Jewellery with the iModela

Post by Julian5714 » Fri May 17, 2013 11:45 pm

After almost a year I haven't managed to kill my iModela, yet.......

It's actually been a useful addition to my other machines. At times I've had it buzzing away in my shop where it has entertained my customers and helped me to explain how the jewellery I sell is created.

To all those people out there who have dismissed the iModela as a 'toy', 'worthless junk' and worse.
I am confident to state that you don't know what you're talking about !
When you have bought, begged, borrowed or stolen one, then you are qualified to pass judgment on a great little machine.
Until then, back off and stop trying to misguide and misinform people who can afford an iModela but simply CANNOT afford thousands for a bigger and better machine.

One other interesting thing, after 11 months, averaging say 80 hours cutting blue wax each week, I'm only on my second motor .... ?
Attachments
sun gddss.jpeg
Just taken off the iModela a few minutes ago
sun gddss.jpeg (7.24 KiB) Viewed 6186 times

Andrew Dudley
Gold Member

Post by Andrew Dudley » Fri May 24, 2013 4:46 pm

Hi julian,

Thanks for the infoprmation, always good to see what people are using our machines to do.
(Jewellery usually gets a lot of attention in our office!)

Regarding the motor, wax is quite forgiving and you may not be pushing it too hard, life expectancy is only an expectancy after all, now you have put it in writing though your next motors will last 1 second over the time... think that's a law somewhere.
Andrew Dudley
Business Manager - 3D & Dental
Roland DG (UK) Ltd
Web: www.rolanddg.co.uk

casketsdirect

Post by casketsdirect » Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:58 pm

It’s neat, it’s tiny and it’s very cool but iModela is far more than a great gadget for techno-heads to add to their collection. iModela is a fully featured 3-axis milling machine with all the capability you need to carry out 2D CNC profiling and 3D modelling (Subtractive Rapid Prototyping) from .stl files.

PeterGrant

Post by PeterGrant » Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:35 am

3D printing is one helpful tool in our jewellery production. It’s efficient and we almost our target orders in a day. Imagine, it only takes almost an hour to finish a piece of bracelet or 25 minutes for small accessories like earrings and custom rings. I stay away from toxic chemicals so I make use of 3D2print Nylon filament- Taulman 645 and Taulman 618 to be specific

alice121

Post by alice121 » Mon Dec 26, 2016 9:36 am

Julian5714 wrote:After almost a year I haven't managed to kill my iModela, yet.......

It's actually been a useful addition to my other machines. At times I've had it buzzing away in my shop where it has entertained my customers and helped me to explain how the Sea shell jewellery I sell is created.

To all those people out there who have dismissed the iModela as a 'toy', 'worthless junk' and worse.
I am confident to state that you don't know what you're talking about !
When you have bought, begged, borrowed or stolen one, then you are qualified to pass judgment on a great little machine.
Until then, back off and stop trying to misguide and misinform people who can afford an iModela but simply CANNOT afford thousands for a bigger and better machine.

One other interesting thing, after 11 months, averaging say 80 hours cutting blue wax each week, I'm only on my second motor .... ?
Hi
Can you share some images ???

pablom68

cn code iModela

Post by pablom68 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:16 pm

hi i am from Bogota Colombia and when i made a square in rhinogold, my imodela make more long de x axis than de y axix, i think is a mistake in nc code. some body could explain to me what parameters i put in imodela controllers. i´m sorry by my english. thanks