IMODELA software requests

Post questions, share ideas and techniques relating to the iModela
IanMc

Re: IMODELA software requests

Post by IanMc » Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:54 pm

After trying to follow the Virtual "blink-and-you-miss-it" MODELA animation output, some way of slowing down the animation so the toolpath can be seen would be appreciated. According to Tech Support the current functionality has something to do with the iModela being "the lowest one we do".

Beyond ripping all the graphics RAM out of my laptop does anyone have a workaround for this?

Ian Mc

chevy6600
Silver Member

Post by chevy6600 » Wed Sep 24, 2014 3:53 pm

Hi ianmc, the best i managed was to try to tax the software by setting the options in clickmill to have very fine cuts purely for virtual modela but when i cut for real i would change back for proper settings. in virtual modela there in options is a selection for `cutting graph`- `cutting volume` this will open a window, this will slow down the software so you can at least see the different levels. The software updates at the end of each path so you don`t see the tool moving between start + finish. There is also a setting for the speed to update from .1sec to 10 min. Unfortunatly this abillity to not see the movement of the cutter as desired is not limited to rolands virtual modela other 3rd party software sufferes from the same problem. You will need to spend a lot of £ to get the software that would do what your looking for.

IanMc

Post by IanMc » Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:05 pm

Thanks for the reply.

I run the iModela from a WinXP virtual machine and even restricting the VM graphics memory from 18MB to 4MB and RAM from 192MB to 32MB had no discernible effect on the speed of display even when combined with your suggestions. It did make the OS run like treacle though :)

Ian Mc