iModela spare bits / blower fan

Post questions, share ideas and techniques relating to the iModela
soapysue

iModela spare bits / blower fan

Post by soapysue » Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:27 am

I have just taken delivery of a second hand iModela, it's looking great based on my first test tonight (milling out some letters in wood) :D

I see Techsoft supply most of the spare parts needed, but what about the little green blower fan things? Firstly, are the standard fans designed for the smaller shank spindle? I had a nightmare getting the fan on the Techsoft version 3mm shank tools. Secondly there was only one fan supplied and I can't see these listed on the special Techsoft site or anywhere else.

Or do people just not bother using them?

chevy6600
Silver Member

Re: iModela spare bits / blower fan

Post by chevy6600 » Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:20 am

Hi soapysue, to tell you the truth i never found the fan to be much use, your right in thinking that it is for the small shank cutters so you did well if you managed to force it onto a 3mm shank. I think after you have played with it for a while you will also leave it in the box so if i was you don`t waste too much time trying to get any more.

soapysue

Re: iModela spare bits / blower fan

Post by soapysue » Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:40 pm

Yes it took a while trying to force it on!

Good to know you haven't bothered, Techsoft said the same. I could see it becoming a nightmare especially if you're trying to change tools mid job :o

I will leave it in the box from now on :D

Been reading some of your posts about iModela use by the way, amazing stuff!