Error : 009

Post questions, share ideas and techniques relating to the iModela
ricqua

Error : 009

Post by ricqua » Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:24 pm

I'm trying to get our office iModela working but seem to be stuck with errors when I run a cut. I'm running the demo "clover file" (and previously tried cutting a 3D shape from SolidWorks with same errors) and the machine keeps pausing the cut at random point. A window pops up in the iModela Controller stating:

----------------------------------------------------------------
The iModeal is Paused

-Command Error (RML-1)

Ignoring this error and continuing cutting is possible,
but subsequent results are not assured.
Quitting cutting is strongly recommended.

If command does not match the machine's command set, select correct command set.
(Error : 009)
----------------------------------------------------------------

I have set the iModela Controller to "RML-1" only, "NC Code" only and "RML-1/NC Code" for all attempted prints. The error might not happen straight away. It sometimes happens a few seconds in. the best it did so far was to go a few minutes before presenting the error. Help!?!?!
Attachments
2015-06-24_15-48-19.jpg
2015-06-24_15-47-57.jpg

Dave_Willis

Re: Error : 009

Post by Dave_Willis » Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:33 pm

I get the same error message too when using Cut3D with the iModela Controller software.

Mind you, it proceeds to cut OK and finish the job.

I wonder why the error message is appearing at all?

ricqua

Post by ricqua » Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:22 am

If I choose "Continue" it sometimes carries on cutting. It continues cutting for a little while then will stop again. Sometimes I need to hit "Continue" up to 20 times before it will get past whatever it was struggling with. This has also resulted in a the iModela cutting a straight line directly through my 2D artwork en route to new co-ordinates without lifting the drill.

uobteachingtechnologist

Post by uobteachingtechnologist » Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:56 pm

Hi,

I seem to be having this problem too - using Windows 8.

Either Windows says 'printer in error state' or get Error: 009 - Command Error RML-1.

Getting the feeling that the iModela is just a bit broken on Windows8?

Anybody got it working ok?

Thanks,
Rich

Andrew Dudley
Gold Member

Post by Andrew Dudley » Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:14 pm

This error occus when you are using a different command set than what the machien is set to.

The two command sets are RML-1 and Gcode (NC Code).

On the V-panel, press the Settings button on the bottom right side.
Then make sure the command set is set to the correct one (usually just leave it on Auto).

If you are using the test files, another thing to note is making sure that the machines and the softare are both set to the same measurement unit (mm or inch).

The iModela is supported on Win 8 (although I don't like win8 myself and share your annoyance with it).

You can download the latest drivers, firmware and sofware here.
Andrew Dudley
Business Manager - 3D & Dental
Roland DG (UK) Ltd
Web: www.rolanddg.co.uk

betamatiz

Post by betamatiz » Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:37 pm

Hello there, long time reader here.

I'm having the exact same issue on windows 8.

I found that even after setting the correct command set on the setup window of imodela controller, the setting is not saved at all and the main controller window show the current command set (upper right corner) at random between RML-1 and RML-1/NC Code as shown below:
screen.jpg
Also trying to confirm the settings under Maintenance Window leads to nothing (the Display button doesn't show the Settings Log window).

And going again to the setup window in controller shows no setting at all:
setup.jpg

I have reinstalled everything from driver to software to the latest version with no luck.
I have also tried to update firmware from 1.10 to 1.20 but the updater doesn't recognize the machine as being connected (even tho Controller does recognize it).
Capture3.JPG
Any ideas guys?

Thanks for the time :geek:

Andrew Dudley
Gold Member

Post by Andrew Dudley » Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:29 pm

Firstly I'd make sure you are running the latest version of the iModel Controller. And the windows drivers are the latest version.

You can download both updaters here.

Secondly, make sure you are not running the machine through a USB 3.0 port. We sometimes find that these have issues with running USB 1.1 devices.
You should be able to identify the USB 2.0 port as it is blue.

Failing that, you could post the actual code (RML-1 or NC Code) fuile and we can look at that to see if there is an issue in that.
Andrew Dudley
Business Manager - 3D & Dental
Roland DG (UK) Ltd
Web: www.rolanddg.co.uk