iModela + Windows 8

Post questions, share ideas and techniques relating to the iModela
uobteachingtechnologist

iModela + Windows 8

Post by uobteachingtechnologist » Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:40 pm

Hello.

I am currently trying to install iModela on Windows 8.

After following the installation steps and running iModela Controller I get the error message: "No modelling machine was found. Error: 002"

Looking at the driver for iM-01 the device status is: "This device cannot start (Code 10)".

I have attempted to update the driver and pointed it to the Win8_x64 driver I downloaded from the Roland site, but instead Windows says an up to date driver is already installed: 'USB Printing Support'.

I've got a suspicion this is wrong, but not being an expert on Windows 8 I'm not sure how I go about updating this driver properly.

Any thoughts anybody?

Thanks,
Richard

Ryan Anderson

Re: iModela + Windows 8

Post by Ryan Anderson » Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:13 am

I would recommend uninstalling all of the drivers and reinstalling from scratch. Sounds like there is some kind of conflict.
Ryan Anderson
Tech Support
Roland DG (UK) Ltd
http://www.rolanddg.co.uk

uobteachingtechnologist

Post by uobteachingtechnologist » Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:48 am

Hi Ryan,

Thanks for the advice.

I've attempted to uninstall all the drivers and reinstalled from scratch. Unfortunately, Windows is trying to assign a print driver to the device - which seems to be causing the conflict.

I can't seem to actually update to the iModela Driver (even though I have installed it).

Any other ideas?

Rich

uobteachingtechnologist

Post by uobteachingtechnologist » Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:59 pm

Hi all,

After deinstalling the drivers again I seem to have got the creator to work. Have to keep disconnecting the device via USB and reconnecting again though...

However, not been able to make it print successfully yet - Error: 009. (Command Error RML-1)

I'm getting the feeling it's a bit buggy on Windows 8 - anybody with any similar experiences? Wondering if I should just install on Windows 7 instead...

Rich

Andrew Dudley
Gold Member

Post by Andrew Dudley » Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:17 pm

Hi Rich,

One issue we get with WIn7 and Win8 installation is that you need to install the softwware before connecting the machine to the PC, can cause issues with that.

I have replied to your other issue on the other post, hope it helps. Let us know either way.
Andrew Dudley
Business Manager - 3D & Dental
Roland DG (UK) Ltd
Web: www.rolanddg.co.uk

mindmapper1

Post by mindmapper1 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:25 am

Ok the software supplied is well out of date, spent ALL weekend messing about trying to get the software to load/download etc. Started again this morning and after 2 hours it now works. The big issue is the drivers which need to be the most recent from the website and not those supplied with the machine. Installing the one on the disc causes the problems but I guess no one at Roland has thought to try this from the customers point of view.