Error : 002 Windows 7 x64

Post questions, share ideas and techniques relating to the iModela
Toonarmy

Re: Error : 002 Windows 7 x64

Post by Toonarmy » Tue Jan 12, 2016 1:28 pm

I work in a school which is trying to use a iModela Printer and after installing the software onto a window 7 X32 laptop we find we have the same error as listed on this chat room.

The Controller software fails to "see" the USB iModela printer, but it's in the printer / devices OK and the driver looks to be correct.

The USB cable is the one that came with the printer.

I am however able to use the "Create" software with the printer OK. It will print out via this software.

Was there any "fix" for this problem every mentioned/supplied?

AlanR

Post by AlanR » Tue Jan 12, 2016 2:05 pm

Hi,
I have recently installed the software on a new laptop (Windows 10) and initially had the problem using the supplied lead, which ended up being a problem with the USB connection, (lead plugged in OK but not a good connector contact) if you have more than one USB port, try them all.

Have you checked the lead to confirm it works when used with something else. I think the software signal strength is VERY low, so any slight drop in strength, causes the problem (See posts on USB lead length) also if the lead is under strain, so causing the USB plugs to be pulled sideways.

Also I think there can be a problem if you have several print drivers installed, once I found out about the USB connection, all working OK, but only have the iModela installed on the laptop.
Have no other printers/drivers installed, but on an earlier computer had several drivers, and found that although the iModela showed on the printer list, it was not using the correct driver.

Hope this helps,

Alan

Toonarmy

Post by Toonarmy » Tue Jan 12, 2016 2:46 pm

Thanks Alan for the updates. I'll try a new cable but I'm fairly sure the old one is OK, as the printer is working via the "create" software.

As for printer drivers, this is a networked laptop with various other networked printer drivers installed for use around the school so if it's down to conflict from another driver then I'll really struggle to get it working as the "other drivers" are needed.

Toonarmy

Post by Toonarmy » Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:56 am

Tried a new USB cable but still same issue.

I've found a very old laptop which has Windows XP loaded and has the iModela software loaded.

This XP laptop works fine with both the Controller software and the Curator software connecting with the original USB cable.

So this issue must be a problem with Windows 7, anyone got any idea why this would be or where I could ask for support?

Kai Perry

Post by Kai Perry » Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:49 pm

Which version of Windows 7 are you running?

Is it a desktop or laptop?

Can you show us some specs of the system.

And finally just checking that you are using the very latest updated versions of the software/driver.
Kai Perry
RolandCare Advisor
Roland DG (UK) Ltd
http://www.rolanddg.co.uk

Toonarmy

Post by Toonarmy » Thu Jan 14, 2016 2:36 pm

It's on a Laptop running Windows 7. Here's a screen shot (JPEG image attached)
iModela.jpg
of that info and the error message.

I've installed the software via the CD which came with the printer. Also ran an update via device manager but it said it had the latest driver level.

Kai Perry

Post by Kai Perry » Thu Jan 14, 2016 2:55 pm

It looks to be the version of Windows 7, Windows Enterprise is not a supported platform, normally the machine would work with Windows 7 Home Premium or Professional.
Kai Perry
RolandCare Advisor
Roland DG (UK) Ltd
http://www.rolanddg.co.uk

Toonarmy

Post by Toonarmy » Thu Jan 14, 2016 3:03 pm

Kai, thanks for the info / update.