Joe's 3 C's #61 'Behance, 3D cocktails, Plaster'

Forum favourites and blog-like posts to inspire, offer advice and get your creative juices flowing
Joe Wigzell
Gold Member

Joe's 3 C's #61 'Behance, 3D cocktails, Plaster'

Post by Joe Wigzell » Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:51 pm

Hi hey hello,

Welcome to another of 'Joe's 3 C's' :D

In these posts I will try to bring you something Creative, Something Cool and something Commercial.
The format for these 3 things will vary, from images, videos and websites to unique applications, tips tricks and tutorials. Mostly print or 3D related but some things may be thrown in just because they ought to be shared (probably in the Cool part)!
There will be some terrible jokes thrown in at the end too!

Being a bit of a geek for all things design related, hopefully I'll be able to find some interesting bits and bobs to share with you!

Quote of the Day :ugeek: :
The best preparation for tomorrow is doing your best today.
- H. Jackson Brown, Jr. - American author

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Welcome to number 61 of Joe's 3 C's!

So...it is the start of a new year, I hope 2017 is a corker for all of you!

Something Creative...
Behance is is the leading online platform to showcase & discover creative work. The Creative world updates their work in one place to broadcast it widely and efficiently. Companies explore the work and access talent on a global scale
Being a Creative guy, I love it! I could browse the talent on there for hours filling up the inspiration bank.

Here is an example of a project from a guy called David Mascha from Vienna.
To celebrate the spirit of creativity within their community, Adobe invited a broad mix of creatives to reinterpret its iconic logo.
Artists were encouraged to use signature, as well as more experimental techniques to express what the brand means to them. I was commissioned by Adobe at the end of 2015 to participate in the Remix project.

I was inspired to transform the logo into a surreal and isometric mechanical object in the style of some of my previous projects. I found it fascinating to create a very detailed and abstracted machine that represents the hidden processes of the Adobe software suite. From conception all the way through to final result, unknown algorithms of functions, filters and effects help creatives like me in our work of translating abstract ideas and concepts into visual representation.
A.jpg
Something Cool...

3D printed designs in your cocktails? well...why not! Print a Drink have created a device that can print 3D shapes into liquids, that you can then ruin by knocking them back on a Friday night.
3d-printed-cocktails-1.jpg
PRINT A DRINK combines methods from robotics, life sciences, and design to explore a completely new field of 3D-printing. Rather than building up objects layer by layer, the process uses a high-end KUKA Robots to accurately “inject” microliter-drops of edible liquid into a cocktail. Within a minute, PRINT A DRINK can build up complex 3D structures in a wide range of drinks – creating fascinating augmented cocktails using only high quality ingredients.
Looks like a lot of work for a shot but very Cool none the less!

Something Commercial...

Ever dink your car backing out of a tight space? Or come out to a car park to find somebody has not so kindly done it for you?
Well...rather than pay an expensive body repair kit, why not buy (or print yourself!) a lovely comedy plaster to cover it up!?
plaster.jpg
Reckon you could sell a few of these!

--------------

That's all for this week's Joe's 3 C's!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Joe's chuckles... :lol:

Why don't people eat clocks?

'Cos that would be time consuming.

----------------------
Funny Pic...
change the sign.jpg
Joe Wigzell
Academy and Creative Centre Manager
Roland DG UK Ltd
http://www.rolanddg.co.uk