Joe's 3 C's #64 'Fantasy lands, Underwraps, S-Series'

Forum favourites and blog-like posts to inspire, offer advice and get your creative juices flowing
Joe Wigzell
Gold Member

Joe's 3 C's #64 'Fantasy lands, Underwraps, S-Series'

Post by Joe Wigzell » Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:28 am

Hi hey hello,

Welcome to another of 'Joe's 3 C's' :D

In these posts I will try to bring you something Creative, Something Cool and something Commercial.
The format for these 3 things will vary, from images, videos and websites to unique applications, tips tricks and tutorials. Mostly print or 3D related but some things may be thrown in just because they ought to be shared (probably in the Cool part)!
There will be some terrible jokes thrown in at the end too!

Being a bit of a geek for all things design related, hopefully I'll be able to find some interesting bits and bobs to share with you!

Quote of the Day :ugeek: :
epictetus1-2x.jpg
- Epictetus - Greek philosopher

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Welcome to number 64 of Joe's 3 C's!

In the words of Game of Thrones...Winter is coming. I don't know about you but the winter duvet is out and I've had to start wearing jumpers or a coat when leaving the house :( But at least I got to get away for a bit over the summer period...did any of you get away anywhere nice :?:

Something Creative...

I'm loving these paper-cut, layered and backlit little scenes!
I can't remember where I found them, but I've seen a few similar ones recently online.
The soft glow looks great, a really nice installation to add something a bit different to your home. The fantasy element really suits the application, a nice nightlight for a child?
mix-100.jpg
In number 62 of my 3 C's I looked at multi-layered UV/clear acrylic prints, these are similar in structure just cut instead of printed-split the depths of field into layers and off you go!

Something Cool...

I saw this installation from some guys in the States called 'Underwraps' on a post from Avery-Denison online.
I think they've done a fantastic job!
A really Cool way to transform a boring beige building into something that makes you look twice. It looks pretty simple and easy, but to pull off this look as good as these guys have takes some good design skills.
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
I love the final image with the old rustic truck to tie it all in.

Something Commercial...

Any of you that know me will know how the VersaUV range of printers that we offer are my favourite :mrgreen:
I love the versatility and capabilities they offer, and now we have a new series that has just launched - The VersaUV S-Series!

This effectively gives the range 7 new models as the S-Series comes in both a flatbed version (4 sizes) and a belt version (3 sizes).
The smallest is the LEC-330S-B150: 760 x 1470mm
and the largest is the LEJ-640S-F400: 1625 x 3883mm

This graphic gives you an idea of sizes-relating to phone cases and wine boxes as examples:
Banner_infographics data_1500x500px.jpg
We get ours next week and I can't wait to have a play with it!
If you want any more information or spec get in touch and come in for a cup of tea and a chat!.
--------------

That's all for this week's Joe's 3 C's!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Joe's chuckles... :lol:

Words are very powerful.

Make sure you choose good.

--------------
phteven.jpg
Joe Wigzell
Academy and Creative Centre Manager
Roland DG UK Ltd
http://www.rolanddg.co.uk