Joe's 3 C's (#43) 'Geometric, hover board, Corel'

Forum favourites and blog-like posts to inspire, offer advice and get your creative juices flowing
Joe Wigzell
Gold Member

Joe's 3 C's (#43) 'Geometric, hover board, Corel'

Post by Joe Wigzell » Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:24 am

Hi hey hello,

Welcome to another of 'Joe's 3 C's' :D

In these posts I will try to bring you something Creative, Something Cool and something Commercial.
The format for these 3 things will vary, from images, videos and websites to unique applications, tips tricks and tutorials. Mostly print or 3D related but some things may be thrown in just because they ought to be shared (probably in the Cool part)!
There will be some terrible jokes thrown in at the end too!

Being a bit of a geek for all things design related, hopefully I'll be able to find some interesting bits and bobs to share with you!

Quote of the Day :ugeek: :
It is through art, and through art only, that we can realise our perfection.

- Oscar Wilde, Irish Dramatist
Something Creative...

I am pretty sure I have featured the work of Aakash Nihalani before, but today i want to share with you some new work of his new work which integrates people and clothing into his Creative geometric street art work.
Nihalani_Landline1.jpg
Follow this link to see more!

Something Cool...

A treat for you this week...2 Cool things!:

First off we have another (I have previously in my 3 C's discussed layered prints/designs) use of layered materials to make something really Cool.
Ben Young creates glass sculptures that look amazing, he says:
Each of my pieces is hand drawn, hand cut and handcrafted, layer on layer to create the end product - no computer or high-tech machinery.
Here is one of my favourite of his creations:
ae48fa5fe0f3df62568cf47a07c9e15a.jpg
Next I just had to share with you this video of a water-jet hover-board or fly-board, I love extreme sports and would absolutley love to try this out!:
dasgsadgf.jpg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMaDhkNJA2g#t=114

Something Commercial...

If any of you are using the Corel DRAW graphics suite and are struggling or you wish to hone your skills why not learn fromt he guys who know it best:

http://www.coreldraw.com/gb/product/wor ... toreKey=gb

Corel now offer training workshops:
CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X7 workshop
Work faster and smarter with CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X7

With a fresh look, new must-have tools and major feature enhancements, CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X7 opens up a world of new creative possibilities. Now, you can join us for a one day workshop to help you increase your productivity in a competitive marketplace using the full power of CorelDRAW® Graphics Suite X7. Plus, you'll learn invaluable tips for a seamless migration from previous versions.

Workshop dates
• Tuesday, 30th September 2014
• Wednesday, 15th October 2014
• Thursday, 30th October 2014
That's all for this week from Joe's 3 C's!

Thank you for reading :geek:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Joe's chuckles... :lol:

I had a really funny joke, but autocorrect ruined the lunchtime.

----------------------

A couple of funny pics today:

This rather sinister looking hug room:
10500460_907486082611478_8402767393719301244_n.jpg
And this lovely sign about male stubbornness:
men.jpg
Joe Wigzell
Academy and Creative Centre Manager
Roland DG UK Ltd
http://www.rolanddg.co.uk