Joe's 3 C's (#45)*special*...it's been a while

Forum favourites and blog-like posts to inspire, offer advice and get your creative juices flowing
Joe Wigzell
Gold Member

Joe's 3 C's (#45)*special*...it's been a while

Post by Joe Wigzell » Sat Sep 20, 2014 2:46 pm

Hi hey hello,

Welcome to another of 'Joe's 3 C's' :D

In these posts I will try to bring you something Creative, Something Cool and something Commercial.
The format for these 3 things will vary, from images, videos and websites to unique applications, tips tricks and tutorials. Mostly print or 3D related but some things may be thrown in just because they ought to be shared (probably in the Cool part)!
There will be some terrible jokes thrown in at the end too!

Being a bit of a geek for all things design related, hopefully I'll be able to find some interesting bits and bobs to share with you!

Quote of the Day (in memory of a very talented man) :ugeek: :
You're only given one little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it.

- Robin Williams, actor and comedian
Well as the title says 'it's been a while'. I have been very busy with arranging, organising, designing and creating our new Creative Centre here at the Roland DG UK headquarters in Clevedon!
We moved buildings in the summer leading to a new and improved Creative Centre space-which is well on it's way to being completed :!: :P

So...apologies for those of you that follow these posts, I have been a little slack due to all my efforts being squashed into what will be an amazing new showcase of what is possible with a Roland.
We have so many new applications and samples which I will eventually share via our social media channels once we officially open the new Creative Centre at the start of October.

In the mean time here is a *SPECIAL* edition 3 C's to tick you over

Something Creative...

To start off this extended 3 C's let's have a look at this office interior wall graphic:
1f694866e549741afd8095981dceb416.jpg
This a very simplistic approach to Creativity that I think works really well. I have covered anamorphic graphics in previous posts and this is very similar but less technical. It is a very simple graphic but the effect and the impact it has is great. This could be very easily made using paint, a plotter and 10 minutes in a design programme. I like it that the graphic is not too imposing and how the sleek design gives a feel of class and organisation.

Next up we have a rather large billboard from Yahoo going over a road:
yahooo ad.jpg
Placement is key and having the clout that Yahoo have they have decided to be a bit more Creative with the placement and style of this graphic. I bet from a far it would look quite convincing and confuse a lot of drivers! Perhaps not great for road safety and paying attention to the road though! :roll:

Whilst we are on Creative billboards...here's a bunch more!
billboard1.jpg
billboard2.jpg
billboard3.jpg
billboard4.jpg
billboard5.jpg
Something Cool...

I found this image somewhere online and loved it...it's like a grown up version of a pop-up book :D so Cool!
popup.jpg
I recently moved house and would love to try something like this in my living room...a great conversation piece and treat for anybody who closes the door!

Here in the Roland offices I put up a sticker on the hand dryer in the men's toilets as a bit of a joke:
IMG_2743.JPG
Unfortunately I do not get to reap the rewards of catching people out however I am sure it happens :lol: (these have also gone up in my local pub and I've caught somebody there shouting at the dryer) 8-)

Here is another fun example of a bit of a joke you could play in your offices or local:
eye.png
Scary!

One more funny print prank that i thought was pretty Cool
xdresscom-washroom-signage-small-61969.jpg
Something Commercial...

Ok so normally on my 3 C's I find that most posts could go under any/all of the C's, and that's the point I guess-finding ideas/things that are Creative, Cool and Commercially viable is a good recipe for making money! Here are some more bits and bobs that I am putting under the Commercial header this week:

One for all of the gadget lovers in your family or circle of friends (another prank idea!) who annoy by their constant tapping away on a hand held smart device, print cracked screens to shatter their beloved toys...but not really:
cracked.jpg
These would be really cheap to produce and I'm sure people would pay a quid or 2 for a pack!

Using heat transfer film or dye sublimation if you have the setup, or even DTG you could produce one of these:
zombie.jpg
Especially with Halloween coming up!

Mirri have launched a new product that looks great, I haven't tried any of it yet but from what they say I like the sound of it!

http://mirriboard.blogspot.co.uk/2014/0 ... mirri.html

And finally here's a few examples of Cool, Creative and Commercial advertisements...

Turn an everyday action into to game to promote cleanliness!
bin game.jpg
bin game.jpg (19.16 KiB) Viewed 4425 times
Or make a standard bus-stop ad interactive for the public:
ad.jpg
Show both sides of the story...
both sides.jpg
Reckon I hve time to squeeze in one more example for you today...seeign as this is an extended special edition!

Here is an idea of using static cling on rearview mirrors to advertise events. Better than a flyer under the windscreen wiper I suppose and will inevitably get more attention, just hope nobody drives off and thinks John Lennon is chasing them ;)
lennon.jpg
--------------

That's all for this week's extended Joe's 3 C's!

Thank you for stopping by

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Joe's chuckles... :lol:

A farmer is in his big machinery barn one day doing a striptease when the farmhand walks in catching him in the act.

"What the hell is going on!?" exclaims the farmhand.

"Oh!" replies the farmer, looking quite embarrassed.

"Thing is, Mrs farmer and I haven't been getting on recently so my therapist advised I should do something sexy to a tractor."

----------------------

Company name is key...
movesh.it.jpg
Joe Wigzell
Academy and Creative Centre Manager
Roland DG UK Ltd
http://www.rolanddg.co.uk

sawdust
Gold Member

Re: Joe's 3 C's (#45)*special*...it's been a while

Post by sawdust » Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:53 pm

Spot on Joe may even use your joke on my radio show tonight :lol:
DTG and Versacamm SP540i user

Joe Wigzell
Gold Member

Post by Joe Wigzell » Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:30 pm

Cheers pal...glad you liked it!

Got a bag full of poor jokes:

What's brass and sounds like Tom Jones?

Trombones

You can have that one for free too ;)
Joe Wigzell
Academy and Creative Centre Manager
Roland DG UK Ltd
http://www.rolanddg.co.uk

sawdust
Gold Member

Post by sawdust » Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:57 am

That is bad :roll: may have a go at the cracked screen today as I have a job for a School to print items for their windows ;)
DTG and Versacamm SP540i user