Joe's 3 C's (#46) 'Skulls, Saunas and Scanners'

Forum favourites and blog-like posts to inspire, offer advice and get your creative juices flowing
Joe Wigzell
Gold Member

Joe's 3 C's (#46) 'Skulls, Saunas and Scanners'

Post by Joe Wigzell » Fri Nov 07, 2014 5:46 pm

Hi hey hello,

Welcome to another of 'Joe's 3 C's' :D

In these posts I will try to bring you something Creative, Something Cool and something Commercial.
The format for these 3 things will vary, from images, videos and websites to unique applications, tips tricks and tutorials. Mostly print or 3D related but some things may be thrown in just because they ought to be shared (probably in the Cool part)!
There will be some terrible jokes thrown in at the end too!

Being a bit of a geek for all things design related, hopefully I'll be able to find some interesting bits and bobs to share with you!

Quote of the Day :ugeek: :
Motivation will almost always beat mere talent.

- Norman Ralph Augustine, American Author

Something Creative...

At Halloween last weekend I was looking for a cheapo costume for a party, that I could possibly make at home.
I came across a website for a guy that makes really Cool and Creative masks out of card.
He had a skull mask that I thought would do the job:
skull 1.jpg
And it really did! I printed the template onto some rainbow mirrored card and it looked ace. I have a fluoro pink suit that I thought would be a good addition and away I went to my party! I have never had to much attention/comments/photos etc taken from a costume as I did that night!:
masky.jpg
masky.jpg (17.08 KiB) Viewed 2983 times
I was in a bit of a rush in the end so only did the silvery rainbow finish, otherwise it would have been Cool to print a design on the outside!

Something Cool...

With winter bearing down on us here in the UK what could be better if you're an outdoor enthusiast than a portable sauna!?
And if you're mad enough to get int he sea this time of year as some surfers will, this could be just the ticket for you:
surf-sauna-11.jpg
http://www.zeutch.com/cool/surf-sauna-6 ... Fz2cMln0p4

Something Commercial...

Perhaps most useful for guys in the 3D print industry here we have a 3D scanner for the iPad! The iSense 3D scanner is available on http://cubify.com/
banner_isense_buynow.jpg
One of the latest additions to 3D Systems’ consumer range was previewed at the 2014 International Consumer Electronics Show (CES). Now, the iSense 3D Scanner for iPad is now available for pre-orderwith shipments due to commence in the second half of July. Powered by 3D Systems’ Sense 3D scanning software, the iSense is enabled for complete integration with the Cube range of consumer and prosumer 3D printers. The device is designed for physical 3D photography on the go, allowing users to capture and 3D print their most memorable moments.
A quick run down of the new 3D scanner in brief:

Transforms your iPad into a mobile physical photography camera
Easy and intuitive to use
With quick cropping, enhancement and solidifying tools
Captures items as small as a shoe and as large as an SUV