Joe's 3 C's #52 'Sneeze, Rat Look, Moleskine'

Forum favourites and blog-like posts to inspire, offer advice and get your creative juices flowing
Joe Wigzell
Gold Member

Joe's 3 C's #52 'Sneeze, Rat Look, Moleskine'

Post by Joe Wigzell » Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:20 am

Hi hey hello,

Welcome to another of 'Joe's 3 C's' :D

In these posts I will try to bring you something Creative, Something Cool and something Commercial.
The format for these 3 things will vary, from images, videos and websites to unique applications, tips tricks and tutorials. Mostly print or 3D related but some things may be thrown in just because they ought to be shared (probably in the Cool part)!
There will be some terrible jokes thrown in at the end too!

Being a bit of a geek for all things design related, hopefully I'll be able to find some interesting bits and bobs to share with you!

Quote of the Day :ugeek: :
Strength and growth come only through continuous effort and struggle.

- Napoleon Hill, American Writer, 1883-1970
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Welcome to number 52 of Joe's 3 C's!

Something Creative...

2 Creative uses of print in advertising for you today...

First is this rear doors van wrap with built in tissue:
achoo wrap.jpg
achoo wrap.jpg (22.65 KiB) Viewed 3629 times
And next we have this tear strip hair dressers' ad:
ad.jpg
ad.jpg (14.8 KiB) Viewed 3629 times
Both are pretty simple but work well for their respective products!

Something Cool...

Now I don't claim to be in the know when it comes to 'tricked' or 'pimped' out cars...on the contrary I ride a motorbike! However I have seen an increase in 'Rat Look' cars. As far as I can tell these are cars painted...or un-painted to look all old and rusty!
I found a website that says:
What is the Rat look then? Well, when people describe “rat look” they often have their own concept of what it is to be rat. This isn’t a bad thing by any means; the scene is that versatile. The ways in which you can style and modify a vehicle to personalise it to your own taste are endless. To someone who is “ratting” a car, it could mean simply attacking the paintwork with a sander, letting the panels generate a layer of rust, throwing stickers all over the windows and bonnet, and chopping springs. To another person, it could mean slamming the car properly with some top of the range coilovers on some immaculate Euro wheels with an insane camber, spraying the car in a simple but effective matt or satin colour along with a roof rack and a few thoughtfully customised accessories. Finally it could be a vehicle that has naturally evolved into a true old skool style rat over time, that has been kept on the road ‘no matter what it takes’ for as little cost as possible.
Apparently this is 'Cool'... :?: :!:

So why not protect the lovely paint work on your car but still get the same look? This is what ThinkImage did when they wrapped this Audi in a Rat Look print:
ratlook.jpg
Something Commercial...

If you are a little bit of a stationery geek like me you might get unashamedly excited by Moleskine books :ugeek:
I think I have at least 3 on the go at the moment :shock:

Moleskine have created the Smart Notebook, Creative Cloud connected. Here's what they say:
Description
Watch paper evolve as the creative process is condensed into a few simple steps. The Moleskine Smart Notebook, Creative Cloud connected lets you instantly turn hand-drawn sketches into fully workable digital files.
Draw on any page in this notebook, download the Creative Cloud connected Moleskine app from the Apple Store and use it to capture your drawing. The app uses the special page markings to help process and optimize the image as a JPG file before converting it to an SVG file. With an Adobe Creative Cloud membership, easily sync your artwork to the Creative Cloud and open them for refinement in Adobe Illustrator CC or Adobe Photoshop CC.
moley.jpg
--------------

That's all for this week's Joe's 3 C's!

Cheerio!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Joe's chuckles... :lol:

It's not difficult to tell crocodiles and alligators apart.

One will see you in a while whereas the other will see you later.

----------------

Scientists have just discovered a man-eating fish in the bottom of the Atlantic ocean.

They still can't figure out how he cooks them.

----------------------
Funny Pic...

Topical pics for you this week
Example:
ed.jpg
Also some funny misplaced ads

Example:
ha.jpg
Joe Wigzell
Academy and Creative Centre Manager
Roland DG UK Ltd
http://www.rolanddg.co.uk