Joe's 3 C's #53 'Mad Max, super-bike-buggy, design tips'

Forum favourites and blog-like posts to inspire, offer advice and get your creative juices flowing
Joe Wigzell
Gold Member

Joe's 3 C's #53 'Mad Max, super-bike-buggy, design tips'

Post by Joe Wigzell » Wed May 27, 2015 10:59 am

Hi hey hello,

Welcome to another of 'Joe's 3 C's' :D

In these posts I will try to bring you something Creative, Something Cool and something Commercial.
The format for these 3 things will vary, from images, videos and websites to unique applications, tips tricks and tutorials. Mostly print or 3D related but some things may be thrown in just because they ought to be shared (probably in the Cool part)!
There will be some terrible jokes thrown in at the end too!

Being a bit of a geek for all things design related, hopefully I'll be able to find some interesting bits and bobs to share with you!

Quote of the Day :ugeek: :
In the end, people are persuaded not by what we say, but by what they understand.

- John C. Maxwell, American Clergyman
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Welcome to number 53 of Joe's 3 C's!

Something Creative...

A couple of Creative wraps to share with you today.

Firstly a wrap printed on the XR-640 by the guys at Lotus F1! This is a MAD MAX themed wrap on an F1 car with big nobbly dirt wheels...looks pretty mean if you ask me!:
mad max.jpg
Press article

Next is this GTR (?) wrap by ORAFOL, using a few creatively placed design elements in a reflective film (the photo was taken with a flash):
reflective.jpg
Would look cool at night! Could also add some glow in the dark film?

Something Cool...

A little while ago I worked on an article for SignLink magazine and Sign7TV in which we wrapped a Ducati in a printed graphic:
IMG_3706.JPG
This came to mind when I saw this 'superbuggy', being a biker I think this is a great idea! Perhaps wrap it in custom baby print :P
bike buggy.jpg
Sticking with wraps...I found this Maserati wrap online, and I think it looks great! The nebula/galaxy look could be quite forgiving when wrapping/aligning and you can easily play around with colours etc. Perhaps even print some parts on reflective...or go all out and add LEDs in some of the stars!?
galaxy wrap.jpg
galaxy wrap 2.jpg

Something Commercial...

Just a quick link today shared from the shutterstock blog:
What makes a design good or bad? True, it’s subjective to some degree — but ultimately, good graphic design will inspire responses and clearly communicate visual information. Bad design, on the other hand, will impede and muddle that communication. Here are 8 common pitfalls of design and how to easily avoid them
http://www.shutterstock.com/blog/8-comm ... avoid-them
DesignTips9-750x422.jpg
--------------

That's all for this week's Joe's 3 C's!

Until next time...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Joe's chuckles... :lol:

"The new Royal baby weighs 3.7kg"

"What's that in pounds?"

"About £3 million per year for the taxpayer"

----------------------
Funny Pic...
10390232_10153244213845329_6474322685298541259_n.jpg
Joe Wigzell
Academy and Creative Centre Manager
Roland DG UK Ltd
http://www.rolanddg.co.uk