Joe's 3 C's #57 'Sprayprint, Zombie Dog, LED print'

Forum favourites and blog-like posts to inspire, offer advice and get your creative juices flowing
Joe Wigzell
Gold Member

Joe's 3 C's #57 'Sprayprint, Zombie Dog, LED print'

Post by Joe Wigzell » Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:22 pm

Hi hey hello,

Welcome to another of 'Joe's 3 C's' :D

In these posts I will try to bring you something Creative, Something Cool and something Commercial.
The format for these 3 things will vary, from images, videos and websites to unique applications, tips tricks and tutorials. Mostly print or 3D related but some things may be thrown in just because they ought to be shared (probably in the Cool part)!
There will be some terrible jokes thrown in at the end too!

Being a bit of a geek for all things design related, hopefully I'll be able to find some interesting bits and bobs to share with you!

Quote of the Day :ugeek: :
alicerooseveltlongworth392054.jpg
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Welcome to number 57 of Joe's 3 C's!

A busy start to 2016 with new machine launches - and last week I was working at Media Expo Mumbai showcasing the new VersaUV LEF-300!

Something Creative...

I've mentioned before that I am fan of urban/street art. Here I have found a product called the sprayprinter that is a clip-on accessory that turns cans of spray paint into handheld dot matrix printers that can reproduce almost any design.
spray.jpg
1501218578510911405.jpg
Watch this little video to see it in action

I am not sure how this would do as a commercially viable product, but I like the idea. I think some kind of axis system with adhesive corners or suckers would be cool though!

Something Cool...

We have all by now likely heard the premonitions that the world is going to be taken over by 3D printing with every household having one to print downloadable products from online databases?

Well here is product that could be printed (well...maybe the mouth part of it). It is a zombie dog muzzle, and as you can see it looks quite effective! :o
Terrifying-Zombie-Werewolf-Dog-Muzzle.jpg
Terrifying-Zombie-Werewolf-Dog-Muzzle-1.jpg
You can buy one HERE

-------------

Another pretty cool thing I discovered recently that I'd like to have is this little scooter thing! Not quite as chunky and I doubt as hard to ride as one of the 'hover-boards' that have been in the news lately.

Check out the video
scooter.jpg
Something Commercial...

Shown by LG at this years CES is this fold-able LED display panel! Only a prototype at the moment but if/when it becomes a more commercially available product it could be fed through a printer!

Watch the video ont he BBC news link HERE
LG-will-show-off-show-off-paperthin-rollable-OLED-panel-at.jpg
--------------

That's all for this week's Joe's 3 C's!

Toodle pip!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Joe's chuckles... :lol:

Turns out if you scream for no reason long enough, you get the rest of the day off from work.

-----

There's a special place in Hull reserved for the inventor of the autocorrect.

----------------------
Funny Pic...

'Cos it's chilly out
walken.jpg
Joe Wigzell
Academy and Creative Centre Manager
Roland DG UK Ltd
http://www.rolanddg.co.uk