Joe's 3 C's #58 'Fancy Dress, Retro, SUK!'

Forum favourites and blog-like posts to inspire, offer advice and get your creative juices flowing
Joe Wigzell
Gold Member

Joe's 3 C's #58 'Fancy Dress, Retro, SUK!'

Post by Joe Wigzell » Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:58 am

Hi hey hello,

Welcome to another of 'Joe's 3 C's' :D

In these posts I will try to bring you something Creative, Something Cool and something Commercial.
The format for these 3 things will vary, from images, videos and websites to unique applications, tips tricks and tutorials. Mostly print or 3D related but some things may be thrown in just because they ought to be shared (probably in the Cool part)!
There will be some terrible jokes thrown in at the end too!

Being a bit of a geek for all things design related, hopefully I'll be able to find some interesting bits and bobs to share with you!

Quote of the Day :ugeek: :
I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process.
- Vincent Van Gogh, Artist.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Welcome to number 58 of Joe's 3 C's!

A busy start to 2016 with new machine launches - and last week I was working at Media Expo Mumbai showcasing the new VersaUV LEF-300!

Something Creative...

Everybody (who isn't grumpy ;) ) loves a bit of fancy dress, and the possibilities that come from digital print are pretty much endless!
From making outfits or accessories for kids parties to the more in-depth efforts of cos-play, Eco-solvent/UV/dye-sublimation processes can offer all sorts of interesting designs.

One that I saw recently that was reasonably simple but very effective was this butterfly outfit:
butterfly.jpg
With access to a dye-sublimation printer (such as the Texart RT-640 or the XT-640) and some sewing skills you could be popping out of your chrysalis in no time!

Something Cool...

It might just be my 80's upbringing that leads me to find these designs so Cool, I don't know - but I think they're ace!
Retro at it's best.
tumblr_o2frnx4hq31sshs72o1_1280.jpg
tumblr_nqidkuCTfh1sshs72o1_1280.jpg
They are the work of James White, see more at either:

http://uzicopter.tumblr.com/
or
http://www.signalnoise.com/projects

Something Commercial...

With Sign & Digital UK coming up next week at the NEC there is nothing better to talk about for the Commercial section!

The show is a fantastic opportunity for anybody in or looking to get into the industry to talk to a plethora of manufacturers and suppliers, to discover new applications and maybe find the inspiration for your next big money maker.

At the show Roland will be showing no less than 5 new bits of kit...it should be a banger!
signuk_fullheader.png
--------------

That's all for this week's Joe's 3 C's!

Come and say hello at Sign & Digital next week up at the NEC if you're up there!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Joe's chuckles... :lol:

Before I got through to Seaworld, I had to say "Jump through the hoop! Do a flip!"
They said my call may be recorded for training porpoises.

----------------------
Funny Pic...
photoshopped-animals-gyyp-15.jpg
See more here

Joe Wigzell
Academy and Creative Centre Manager
Roland DG UK Ltd
http://www.rolanddg.co.uk