Joe's 3 C's #59 'Try New Hair, Spillage, Van doors'

Forum favourites and blog-like posts to inspire, offer advice and get your creative juices flowing
Joe Wigzell
Gold Member

Joe's 3 C's #59 'Try New Hair, Spillage, Van doors'

Post by Joe Wigzell » Tue May 31, 2016 4:57 pm

Hi hey hello,

Welcome to another of 'Joe's 3 C's' :D

In these posts I will try to bring you something Creative, Something Cool and something Commercial.
The format for these 3 things will vary, from images, videos and websites to unique applications, tips tricks and tutorials. Mostly print or 3D related but some things may be thrown in just because they ought to be shared (probably in the Cool part)!
There will be some terrible jokes thrown in at the end too!

Being a bit of a geek for all things design related, hopefully I'll be able to find some interesting bits and bobs to share with you!

Quote of the Day :ugeek: :
A bee is never as busy as it seems; it's just that it can't buzz any slower.
- Kin Hubbard, American Journalist.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Welcome to number 58 of Joe's 3 C's!

This week Drupa starts in Dusseldorf, Roland DG announce a new fluorescent ink for the Texart range and we've had a nice sunny bank holiday (most of us!).

Something Creative...

Anybody with a shop window or an office divider or similar could create something fun like this idea:
hair window.jpg
hair window.jpg (17.97 KiB) Viewed 1682 times
Hair cuts, beards, costumes, funny cartoon bodies...I'm sure there's loads of others!
Great for a hairdressers, gym, clothes shop. Similar to the cutouts you used to get at the seaside but much cheaper, and a bit more Creative! Don't forget to add your company details or logo to get free promotion from social media shares etc.

Something Cool...

I think I found this on Pinterest (we have a page with a number of interesting boards!), and it's something that I am going to recreate here at HQ but with my own little twist I think!
Ideas like this (and the one above) are so simple but effective. Something to make people look twice, add a cheeky advertisement in there, brighten up a boring hallway, sell as a kit for kids bedrooms!?
idea.jpg
idea.jpg (16.56 KiB) Viewed 1682 times
Something Commercial...

We have some van doors in our Creative Centre that we use sometimes for wrap demonstrations/training and to show off the application of wrapping.
I designed a graphic to update the old ones we had on there and my colleague printed, laminated and applied them last week (printed using the TrueVIS VG-640)

Full wraps, partial wraps and even just large decals can be a great way to promote a business or product, protect a vehicle, add value and in some cases just change the appearance for fashions sake (think of all those footballers ;) )

To do full or partial wraps you will likely need some training (which we offer), but to do panels and simple applications with a bit or know-how and common sense you can truly transform the appearance of a vehicle!
Remember clean clean clean before application, laminate, use the right materials and if it is a wrap be sure to check with/notify the DVLA and/or insurance!
van doors2.jpg
--------------

That's all for this week's Joe's 3 C's!

Note :!: We have a UV experience day coming up next week - Tuesday 7th June, pop along anytime from 8am - 4pm to see a range of UV products and partners

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Joe's chuckles... :lol:

What's the difference between a piano, tuna and glue?

You can tuna piano but you can't piano a tuna!

----------------------
Funny Pic...
sausage.jpg
parking.jpg
Joe Wigzell
Academy and Creative Centre Manager
Roland DG UK Ltd
http://www.rolanddg.co.uk