Joe's 3 C's #62 'Layers, Love and 3D illuminations'

Forum favourites and blog-like posts to inspire, offer advice and get your creative juices flowing
Joe Wigzell
Gold Member

Joe's 3 C's #62 'Layers, Love and 3D illuminations'

Post by Joe Wigzell » Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:43 pm

Hi hey hello,

Welcome to another of 'Joe's 3 C's' :D

In these posts I will try to bring you something Creative, Something Cool and something Commercial.
The format for these 3 things will vary, from images, videos and websites to unique applications, tips tricks and tutorials. Mostly print or 3D related but some things may be thrown in just because they ought to be shared (probably in the Cool part)!
There will be some terrible jokes thrown in at the end too!

Being a bit of a geek for all things design related, hopefully I'll be able to find some interesting bits and bobs to share with you!

Quote of the Day :ugeek: :
Before I refuse to take your questions, I have an opening statement.
- Ronald Reagan. - American President

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Welcome to number 62 of Joe's 3 C's!

Easter has just flown by, hope you all had a nice break (if you got one at all!?).

Something Creative...

A while ago I wanted to create an image with a lot of depth by splitting layers of perspective onto different planes and printing onto multiple pieces of a clear material then stacking them to create a 3D effect.
I had a go on the LEF-20 printing onto 3 small sheets of acrylic, on both the front and back of each piece, then seperating them with a small gap (I only had blue-tac for this bit at the time!). You do not have to print direct (you could use an eco-solvent device and print onto a clear film), but it was easier and quicker for me to use a UV printer.
IMG_8544.JPG
IMG_8545.JPG
The 3 pieces
IMG_8546.JPG
IMG_8547.JPG
One of the pieces
IMG_8548.JPG
View of the back of one of them with partial white layer

Here are some other examples that I've found:
trees.jpg
clouds2.jpg
clouds.jpg
apple.jpg

Check out this amazing use of layers, this time with spray paint! This guy is incredible - Sofles.

1.JPG
If you like it check some of his other work and videos.

Something Cool...

Just a simple t-shirt design for the Cool section today...at a time where there seems to be a lot of hate in the world, why not make a visual stand against it!?
tee.jpg
Something Commercial...

I came across a company in the States that do promotional bus wraps with a twist, that I think are super Creative, Cool and that have huge Commercial viability!

They are called Carisma and they mix wraps with 3D prints and illuminations to create stunning and eye-catching advertisements.

Check out one of their videos here

And a couple of images of some of their work:
Capture.JPG
Capture2.JPG
--------------

That's all for this week's Joe's 3 C's!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Joe's chuckles... :lol:

The school called today and said "Your son has been telling lies in class today"

I Said " Well tell him he's bloody good at it...I don't have any kids!"
Joe Wigzell
Academy and Creative Centre Manager
Roland DG UK Ltd
http://www.rolanddg.co.uk

Joe Wigzell
Gold Member

Re: Joe's 3 C's #62 'Layers, Love and 3D illuminations'

Post by Joe Wigzell » Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:00 am

Joe Wigzell
Academy and Creative Centre Manager
Roland DG UK Ltd
http://www.rolanddg.co.uk

Paul_AU

Re: Joe's 3 C's #62 'Layers, Love and 3D illuminations'

Post by Paul_AU » Fri Jun 30, 2017 3:26 am

Fantastic idea, Joe! Love the examples.

Thank you for posting.
Roland VersaCamm SP540i

'Never esteem anything as of advantage to you that will make you break your word or lose your self-respect.'
— Marcus Aurelius