Torn between Rolands

Ask any questions you have before you make a decision
choodziopl

Torn between Rolands

Post by choodziopl » Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:15 pm

Hello I am new here :)

I came in to ask users of Roland machines for some advice:

We was using vs-540i before and we decided to change for a wider machine it as the lease period came to an end.
We changed up for a different, new printer. Lot of cool new small things that won me over but what turned out bad was:

-crappy RIP,
-colour issues,
-small bits and bobs that are not cool.

What we are planning to do is to change the machine but come back to Roland.

We was looking for 64 inch printer and faster than what we had.

Looking at Roland now, fastest are:

XF640 and EJ640.

Now the xf is the same old like vs540i but two or more times faster. Same inks (ecosolmax2) and same cofig(CMYKCMYK) so no issues with colors and quality.

EJ640 is new but the inks are different two, so does heads i presume.

Which one will make me better? Now I don't say i need one of those but i need genuine advice on Roland users. Which CMYKCMYK pritner could you suggest?

mrtn
Gold Member

Re: Torn between Rolands

Post by mrtn » Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:21 pm

Both have the same print heads as the VS-540i but two in staggered configuration for better print speed. XF is out of production, replaced by the EJ so you don't really have much choice if you're planning on buying new. There's also a 7-colour XR-640 with a cutter which is very very good. Probably the best hybrid/printer ever produced. Not as quick as the EJ as the heads are inline and not available in 4C, quality oriented only.
Roland Dealer since 1993
facebook
instagram

choodziopl

Re: Torn between Rolands

Post by choodziopl » Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:54 pm

Okay, thanks. Do you know anything about the EJ inks? Are they simillar? Whats the main difference? How they work with calendered vinyl? Drying time vs ESM2?