BN-20 Printing Stickers

Ask any questions you have before you make a decision
MarkAnthony1986

BN-20 Printing Stickers

Post by MarkAnthony1986 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:18 pm

Hello everyone,

I have a few questions regarding this machine and need some answers to help me decide whether or not to purchase it. I'd be extremely grateful if anyone could help.

1. How far to the edge of the media can you print/cut?
2. It is possible to have the machine completely slice through the media every 30 cm or so?

I currently print stickers on perforated A4 sheets that are kiss cut and guillotined to size. I also print up to 10mm from the edges of the sheets I use.

Thanks in advance,
Mark Anthony :)

mrtn
Gold Member

Re: BN-20 Printing Stickers

Post by mrtn » Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:17 pm

The max media width is 515 mm and max printable width is 480 mm in that case. There’s at least 10 mm of grabbing area needed each side. Preferably more to ensure good tracking. The pinch rollers are narrower than in bigger machines.

Even tho the BN-20 is a great machine for small production and hobby use I would recommend getting SG-300 instead. It has the sheet cut function you requested and is MUCH, MUCH faster in both, print and cut and simpler to use. The price difference is not that big.

Note that sheet cut function spends a few inches of media every time it reloads as the media needs to pass the vacuum bed to prevent head strikes.
Roland Dealer since 1993
facebook
instagram

MarkAnthony1986

Re: BN-20 Printing Stickers

Post by MarkAnthony1986 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:45 pm

Thank you so much for your advice :)