ROLAND EGX-350, 3D capability/CAD

Ask any questions you have before you make a decision
nickime

ROLAND EGX-350, 3D capability/CAD

Post by nickime » Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:28 am

Hi everybody,
i am new in this forum, wanted to possibly getting help for my future projects.
i am working professionally in the restoring of wooden objects. i am thinking of buying an egx-350 to carve missing parts of old objects. in fact the detailism and the table size is perfect for my application. but i use the machine only for 3d models (3 axes are enough). i could not find out if its possible to import cad drawings to a program which operates the egx-350.
i am new in the programmming of cnc-machines, i have a lot of experiences on old lathes and milling machines. i am sorry if this is a stupid question... but if somebody can help me in the decision if i should buy a egx-350 for my use, i am really happy!

thanks and greetings from switzerland
dominik

Kai Perry

Re: ROLAND EGX-350, 3D capability/CAD

Post by Kai Perry » Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:00 am

The software that comes with the EGX-350 is EngraveStudio, you can import dxf files.

If you need wider support you could look at the full version of VCarve from Vectric as this has more import filters.
Kai Perry
Application Engineer
Roland DG (UK) Ltd
http://www.rolanddg.co.uk

nickime

Post by nickime » Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:02 pm

thanks! it seems, its then the perfect machine for me :-) i will buy it and try out, so i will see which program is needed to import my drawings. but one other question: the difference from the EGX-350 to a cnc machine is that the controller programme is included in the machine. thats why it works with a driver included in the VCarve or EngraveStudio on my PC and i cannot control it with a program like Mach 3?
thats just for my understanding, i think i will have anyway a good entrance to this computer assisted milling world with the EGX-350.

Kai Perry

Post by Kai Perry » Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:07 pm

Yes it needs a Windows driver to communicate with the machine. There are other software's such as EngraveLab or Vectric's Aspire which may give you more control.
Kai Perry
Application Engineer
Roland DG (UK) Ltd
http://www.rolanddg.co.uk

omgilda

Post by omgilda » Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:45 am

Hello Sir..

I am planning to buy Egx 350 Engraving Macchine .. Wanna some clarification about the output.
Am attaching the file of some metal coins..Want the output like this .. Embossed 3d effect comes in this machine.. If yes will kindly elaborate on this.. Want get output on silver, gold and copper.
Waiting for your reply

Thanx n Regards
OM GILDA

omgilda

Post by omgilda » Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:07 am

by omgilda » Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:15 pm

Hello Sir..

I am planning to buy Egx 350 Engraving Macchine .. Wanna some clarification about the output.
Am attaching the file of some metal coins..Want the output like this .. Embossed 3d effect comes in this machine.. If yes will kindly elaborate on this.. Want get output on silver, gold and copper.
Waiting for your reply

Thanx n Regards
Attachments
IMG-20160213-WA0024.jpg