LEF12 questions

Ask any questions you have before you make a decision
jaffacat13

LEF12 questions

Post by jaffacat13 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:11 pm

Hi

I am interested in the LEF12 as I operate a small personalized gift business, however:

I understand that I can add primer manually to glass/acrylic for flooding - practically, how easy is this?

Can you get a rotary for the LEF12 as would like to do bottles?

I see jigs for pens etc but I would only want to do say 2-3 at a time, is this easy to set up without a jig?

Any other advice would be most welcomed, I am hoping to go and see a LEF200 in operation in the next couple of weeks (subject to weather)

Thank you Lisa
PS (Have chosen this one due to cost and I can't justify the LEF20 for the majority of work I do)

mrtn
Gold Member

Re: LEF12 questions

Post by mrtn » Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:07 pm

Applying manual primer is as easy as you would clean the items of fingerprints (which you would have to do anyway).

There are third party kebab rollers available but they only work for 100% cylindrical objects. There’s a downside tho: you can’t mask a rotating object too easily, especially a bottle which may cause scattering UV-light damaging the print heads. I would stick with printing vertical graphics on an exposed part of the bottle while masking off the rest of it.

You can make your own jigs easily. Does not require a hundred at a time. Get a LEGO set with a building base, you can make simple jigs in just seconds. Use as dark bits as possible to minimize UV-reflection.
Roland Dealer since 1993
facebook
instagram

jaffacat

Re: LEF12 questions

Post by jaffacat » Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:39 pm

mrtn wrote:
Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:07 pm
Applying manual primer is as easy as you would clean the items of fingerprints (which you would have to do anyway).

There are third party kebab rollers available but they only work for 100% cylindrical objects. There’s a downside tho: you can’t mask a rotating object too easily, especially a bottle which may cause scattering UV-light damaging the print heads. I would stick with printing vertical graphics on an exposed part of the bottle while masking off the rest of it.

You can make your own jigs easily. Does not require a hundred at a time. Get a LEGO set with a building base, you can make simple jigs in just seconds. Use as dark bits as possible to minimize UV-reflection.
Thank you very much, makes sense :)