BN-20 Stops due to unexpected load towards printhead carridge or sheet feeding system error

General chat that doesn't fit into other categories
Rusty

BN-20 Stops due to unexpected load towards printhead carridge or sheet feeding system error

Post by Rusty » Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:25 pm

Hello

I wonder if someone could kindly point me in the right direction on how to fix the above mentioned error I am having with my BN20.

I have tried a few things to fix it such as making sure there is no tension on the media roll by unrolling it and also cutting off a short length of media so there is no tension at all.

The machine has had a very good clean and there is nothing apparent on the platen or the bar that the print head runs along.

The problem usually occurs on the first pass but it has also done it half way through a job.

Many thanks in advance.

Russ

Kai Perry

Re: BN-20 Stops due to unexpected load towards printhead carridge or sheet feeding system error

Post by Kai Perry » Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:29 am

Is the machine giving a motor error error or a different error? the above description reference both a scan and feed error.
Kai Perry
Application Engineer
Roland DG (UK) Ltd
http://www.rolanddg.co.uk

Rusty

Re: BN-20 Stops due to unexpected load towards printhead carridge or sheet feeding system error

Post by Rusty » Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:40 pm

Hi Kai

Thanks for your reply.

The only error message I am getting is "The printing has stopped due to unexpected load towards printhead carridge or sheet feeding system". It then says to check the platen for anything that may be obstucting (or similar) , remove sheet and to turn off the machine. All of which I do before trying again.

Thanks

Russ

Kai Perry

Post by Kai Perry » Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:21 pm

Is there anything else in the way of the carriage, causing the carriage to stop, are the media clamps held down correctly?
Kai Perry
Application Engineer
Roland DG (UK) Ltd

Rusty

Post by Rusty » Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:58 pm

Not that I can see Kai. All clear. It does not seem to do it when doing a nozzel test print but when it comes to an actual job then 90% of the time it stops. I am stumped!

TDR

Post by TDR » Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:37 am

When the error happens, where is the head positioned?

Rusty

Post by Rusty » Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:36 am

Hello. There is no specific position but it usually half way along the platen (if thats what it is called) and not at either end of it.

Kai Perry

Post by Kai Perry » Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:18 am

Could be an issue with the drive system or the scan motor, you would likely need an engineer visit to inspect and repair.
Kai Perry
Application Engineer
Roland DG (UK) Ltd

Rusty

Post by Rusty » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:09 pm

Ok thank you Kai.