Help! - lost Bn-20 capping station spring

General chat that doesn't fit into other categories
vinylinfusion

Help! - lost Bn-20 capping station spring

Post by vinylinfusion » Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:11 pm

So, I’ve just replaced the capping station on my bn-20 for the first time..and lost the little spring. Cannot find it anywhere.
I’ve ordered some replacements, but as it’s saturdY evening I won’t get them until Tuesday.

Without the spring the capping station is not seated properly, and I can’t power up the machine because the print head won’t make it over it.

The print head is going to dry out unless I can sort something out...

I can hold the capping station down, but with the cover open, it won’t proceed with the cleaning cycle.

Any ideas? Pretty desperate...

Thanks

Mike

ofpoets

Re: Help! - lost Bn-20 capping station spring

Post by ofpoets » Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:58 pm

Been there Mike with my XC. The spring will be there somewhere. Generally tucked away in the most obscure place not far away. A bright light and magnet on a stick is always helpful (machine switched off of course !)

Looked on youtube at the workings of a BN20 as not familiar with these. Maybe a tiny elastic band would do the same job ?? Just an educated guess really

Good luck

vinylinfusion

Post by vinylinfusion » Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:09 pm

Tried the elastic band trick, couldn’t get the tension required without snapping it. The hooks only small so couldn’t get a big enough band on it.

Have manually pushed the head over the station and put it into the upright position for now.

Not even sure the capping station is fitted properly though as it seems to be sitting very high. 2-3mm clash with the print head.

TDR

Post by TDR » Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:24 am

I run mine without the tiny spring. No issues with capping.
If it is sitting high maybe the large spring underneath isn't seating fully into the recess for it.