BN20 Waste Ink Tank

General chat that doesn't fit into other categories
mrtn
Gold Member

Re: BN20 Waste Ink Tank

Post by mrtn » Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:33 pm

I reckon there are a bunch of resourceful folks here. Would you believe when I say I have customers who prefer me emptying their VersaCAMM's overflow bottle?
Roland Dealer since 1993
facebook
instagram

greenthouse

Post by greenthouse » Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:10 pm

hughb40 wrote:
geotime.ee wrote:Replacing the absorbent is a messy job. You can get the absorbent felt for the SP-series but once you try you will never want to do it again.
Hi Martin. Don't know about bigger machines and amount of ink sloshing about in waste tank but can verify that BN20 wadding can quickly and easily be changed and just use disposable gloves and a bit of absorbent wipe - for price saving it makes a lot of sense when you're looking at consumable costs :)

All the best, Hugh
agree totally. however where can we get the absorbent felt from to replace that which we take out? do you have a source?

mrtn
Gold Member

Post by mrtn » Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:36 pm

Right, Hugh, I'm a technician and would replace the sponges all day every day but the BN-20 demographic would avoid getting their hands dirty. For a CMYK machine it's not that much of an issue but you have a point in case of Mt or Wh where the cleaning is a significant cost.
Roland Dealer since 1993
facebook
instagram

fatfella

Post by fatfella » Tue Mar 22, 2016 5:40 am

I take the center out of a toilet roll and squash it inside .....works perfectly

BurtsBoyz

Post by BurtsBoyz » Sun Jun 26, 2016 2:41 pm

I've reused mine 4 times took out the wadding put magic sponge in once it tells me to replace it I take out cartridge pour out contents into old jam jar normally around 5-600ml put cartridge back together and put back in machine take ink to the tip to dispose off correctly I'm looking at redesigning it so it has a direct drain instead of the cartridge

Jont

Post by Jont » Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:57 pm

This guy explains how to do it, and has done it successfully for about 5 years if anyone wanted to try

https://www.t-shirtforums.com/printers- ... 89788.html