Wallpaper for inside restaurant

General discussion on ideas and applications. Things you've done, things you're considering, things you find tricky
Marc Jenkin

Re: Wallpaper for inside restaurant

Post by Marc Jenkin » Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:51 pm

Hi Naomi,

Sorry for the late reply, you would normally oversize the artwork by roughly an inch or so, then tape/hang the artwork and fit. You should have roughly half the excess top and bottom which you would pin to the skirting or ceiling using a straight edge, and cut using a new scalpel blade.

Best wishes

Marc Jenkin

Peter Simons

Post by Peter Simons » Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:29 pm

Naomi,

Came across this thought it might be useful.

http://goarticles.com/article/Digitally ... d/5241450/

Marc Busby

Post by Marc Busby » Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:16 pm

Hi Naomi,

When we did the wall in our reception, we trimmed the excess of each sheet but in versaworks we setup the tiles so each one had a 3mm overlap. We also used the "place alternate" function to ensure the colours matched all the way across the print. To fit the media, as Marc Jenkin pointed out, we pinned 1 sheet up at a time, fitted it, and then applied the next sheet. We waited until we'd fitted all the sheets until we started trimming incase we made a mistake and had to take anything back off.

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Marc Busby
Service Engineer
Roland DG (UK) Ltd

http://www.rolanddg.co.uk

bizmckenzie

Post by bizmckenzie » Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:33 pm

Hi

I've been asked to do the same sort of project but due to lack of knowledge turned the job down. I phoned Landor phototex and they gave me a small sample which works really well, but i was unsure how it works as the versacamm does not print edge to edge. When i was on the Roland training course i was shown a programme on versaworks which works out your wallpaper and cut lines etc. Would someone be able to refresh my memory please.
I'm glad you brought this one up Naomi, Thanks.

Kai Perry

Post by Kai Perry » Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:52 pm

This is a feature within Versaworks.

In the job settings for the design, just select the Clip and Tile tab, you can then setup how many tiles you need for the design.

You can then choose to set the number of tiles automatically or manually, thus setting each strip of wallpaper, then you can set whether you want an overlap or not.

If you need to print a particular tile to test the print, just right click on the ones you don't need and they will dissappear (right clicking again will cause them to reappear) then continue with the setup of your design.
Kai Perry
Application Engineer
Roland DG (UK) Ltd

DPD Print

Post by DPD Print » Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:03 am

Hi all, trying to get into creating wallpapers and have used Phototex from Landor which is a really good and easy product to use. I just wondered if anyone else has any tips for placing and aligning the edges of each drop, tried overlapping the graphics and trimming between the overlaps but found this to be really tricky when it is on the wall and was not successful. So tried butting the drops next to each other which worked better (see attached pic). But still I wonder if there is a better way of doing this, would applying the Phototex horizontally work better? Any advice would be much appreciated.
photo.JPG

Rick Mainwaring

Post by Rick Mainwaring » Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:38 am

@ DPD

Funny you say this, I've had several meetings with Marc Jenkins recently looking at new wallpapers, he has some great new samples he was showing me so I highly recommend getting in touch with him!

I am not in a position to give out his contact details but I will let him know.

Rick
Rick Mainwaring
Creative Marketing Executive
Roland DG (UK)

Black Panther

Post by Black Panther » Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:48 pm

Hi Naomi,I have done a number of graphics to go on walls etc. Many are over 4m x 3m.

The things to consider are the paint that is on the wall already as some media doesn't adhere very well long term but this can be sorted easily. I have found that to use re-positionable media of at least 150 works best as doesn't stretch when applying so registration of graphics is good. Again depending how much traffic will be touching the graphic depends on if you need to laminate. The picture quality also needs to be good enough if its going to be viewed up close. The best thing I have found is to trim print with overlap and trim before application. Lining up on the wall is ok and easier with the re-positionable media.
Attachments
IMG_0846 sample.pdf
Recent map application
(517.94 KiB) Downloaded 217 times