Help! BN-20 & SL-CL Cartridge

General chat on substrates, materials and inks
mpickup

Help! BN-20 & SL-CL Cartridge

Post by mpickup » Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:48 pm

I read in another forum that you can put a cleaning cartridge in place of a metallic. I slid one in when my metallic ran out a few days before Christmas. Only after my machine stopped printing did I see on this forum that the cartridge I used, the SL-CL, was NOT the right cleaning cartridge for that purpose. Anyway, now the printer doesn't lay any ink at all on the media when printing. Sometimes you can see a bit faintly but for the most part, nothing. When we came back to our machine to print again after 2 or 3 days of the cartridge being in there, the SL-CL was completely empty and there was a puddle of fluid under the front right corner of the machine. We cleaned up as much fluid and we could get to with cloths and swabs and have one of those foam dummy cartridges in (sorry, I forget what they are called)... We've done a normal cleaning, two powerful cleanings and an ink dump but still can't get anything to print. Is there anything else you can think we should try to recover from this? Do you think that the printhead might be totally wrecked and need to be replaced?

Kai Perry

Re: Help! BN-20 & SL-CL Cartridge

Post by Kai Perry » Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:27 am

What type of cleaning fluid did you insert?
Kai Perry
Application Engineer
Roland DG (UK) Ltd
http://www.rolanddg.co.uk