VersaUV LEC-300 not printing white

General chat on substrates, materials and inks
atcccommart

VersaUV LEC-300 not printing white

Post by atcccommart » Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:04 pm

Hi there! I know I've created a problem for myself in that I haven't printed enough in general, but certainly not enough white (I didn't realize the issues it could cause). Anyway, I already had to purchase a new white cartridge, and learned to shake it every day. So I've been doing that.

When I went to print with it though, it only comes out clear.

Two days ago, I ran a few test prints and did a couple medium cleans and then it started printing white. So today, when it didn't print white, I tried the same thing but just keep getting nothing.

I read on here that a person needs to print strips—not just the normal test print? But I cannot for the life of me find where that option is to print.

Any help is appreciated.

-Andrea

woolly
Gold Member

Re: VersaUV LEC-300 not printing white

Post by woolly » Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:48 am

easiest way for you is to create a 25mm box in you design software fill with the white command and print it through your rip multiply the quantity to suit the material width. i run a solvent printer with white so can't comment on your maintenance for the uv white.

PhillyDee
Silver Member

Re: VersaUV LEC-300 not printing white

Post by PhillyDee » Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:13 am

You need to do 2x circ-Discharges to get the white running again. This empties the circulation system. Keep shaking every morning regardless. I don't print white every day, usually once per week on my LEF-20 and get next to no issues. Sometimes go longer. I have never printed strips of white.
Roland BN-20 (CMYKWh)
Roland Versa UV LEF-20 (CMYK Pr Wh)
HPC Laser - LS1290PRO 80W Laser cutter/engraver x4
HPC Laser - LS6090PRO 80W Laser cutter/engraver x2
Trotec Speedy 300 120W with JC Vision Camera system and rotary axis.
30W Galvo Fiber Laser Engraver