BN-20 White ink problem - print yellow streaks

General chat on substrates, materials and inks
Rusty

BN-20 White ink problem - print yellow streaks

Post by Rusty » Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:07 pm

Hi all

Wonder if anyone can help please.

I am printing CMYK image onto clear vinyl for reverse window aplication and using white ink to back up the CMYK image. My first attempt was putting both CMYK and white in one pass (done before with no issues) but once printed noticed that there were yellow streaks in the print. I tested by printing the CMYK on its own, return to origin and then over printing with the white and thats when the yellow streaks appeared again.

So can anyone please suggest why the white ink is firing off yellow occasionally. I have done a manual and normal clear in between test prints. The carts are low but not quite empty.

Photo attached if of use.

Thanks

Russ
Attachments
White Ink problem.JPG

Ryan Anderson

Re: BN-20 White ink problem - print yellow streaks

Post by Ryan Anderson » Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:13 am

Hi Russ,

Did the things I suggested Friday help?
Ryan Anderson
RolandCare Engineer & Colour Management Professional
Roland DG (UK) Ltd
My LinkedIn Profile

dweavers

Post by dweavers » Thu May 14, 2020 3:59 am

I am having the same problem. HELP

Kai Perry

Post by Kai Perry » Thu May 14, 2020 8:58 am

Give the captop a really good clean and then perform a normal clean, it could be that some yellow has mixed with the white.
Kai Perry
Application Engineer
Roland DG (UK) Ltd
http://www.rolanddg.co.uk

dweavers

Post by dweavers » Thu May 14, 2020 9:53 pm

Have replaced with a new cap top and both wipers , all genuine Roland parts, I read somewhere that the white doesn't print when doing a nozzle check, well this is not true you cant see it on white media, so under advise from Roland NZ I put Grey vinyl in and did another nozzle check and found that from left to right it goes white - y- c- k - k - c - y - m
Now its visible that the white head half blocked and same with the yellow and the white and yellow are both deflecting (this is only the first set of colours white - y) all the rest are 100% good. So I assume that the capping top wasn't sealing in that area causing the head to dry up just there?
I think there should be a reminder in the BN-20 to replace the cap top at certain intervals like the shake ink, replace wipers etc.
hopefully after a few good cleaning cycles/use/and maybe a head soak they may come back

Kai Perry

Post by Kai Perry » Fri May 15, 2020 9:30 am

In the UK the captops would be replaced as part of the preventative maintenance carried out in extended warranty, if the customer takes this out.
Kai Perry
Application Engineer
Roland DG (UK) Ltd
http://www.rolanddg.co.uk