VersaUV LEF-12 not printing Cyan

Warranties, repairs and maintenance
Asque Studio

VersaUV LEF-12 not printing Cyan

Post by Asque Studio » Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:42 pm

This is my first post here, so I apologize if this is the wrong section or done incorrectly.... I'm in desperate need of guidance! My LEF 12 is not printing CYAN. I've tried normal cleaning, medium cleaning, manual cleaning, emptying the drain bottle, changing the wiper, basically anything and everything I can think of! My technician advised me to put some cleaner in the cap tops and it would act like "draino". But that didn't work either. He's now MIA and I'm in the midst of my busiest time of year with a printer that won't print any blues! I changed the cyan ink cartridge but that didn't make any difference at all. I'm assuming there may be a blockage somewhere, but being a designer and not mechanically gifted, I have zero ideas left. Any help would be immensely appreciated!

mrtn
Gold Member

Re: VersaUV LEF-12 not printing Cyan

Post by mrtn » Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:55 am

When did you last have your captops changed? It may be that the captops are worn and do not create good enough vacuum to get the blockage open.

Soaking method would be my first suggestion as well. Original cleaning fluid only.

Search for “soaking” in this forum, the instructions should pop up.
Roland Dealer since 1993
facebook
instagram