Black Mist around Black Print

Warranties, repairs and maintenance
fuelledpromo

Re: Black Mist around Black Print

Post by fuelledpromo » Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:47 pm

Sorry for the delay since my last post we have been cutting metre after metre of jersey numbers.

I have given other print profiles and other types of media a try and all all are giving similar results. We have also tried the job using uni-directional instead of bi-directional but unfortunately the mist around the print was even worse.

Looking at the print under a lens the mist appears to be more cyan in colour. Last year we did have a damper changed for the magenta feed which I believe is shared with the cyan feed, could the damper be failing again? We have also seen cyan ink on the carriage and also on the media clamps, although nothing that gave us too much of a concern (will post images tomorrow).

Humidity in the room tends to be at 30%, but has been at 30% pretty much since we moved into our new building back in December last year. We have only come across this issue over the last few weeks, prior to this we have printed roll after roll of garment transfers and adhesive vinyls.

I have looked at fitting an Anti-Static cord at the back of the machine below and above the media in feed and have also got a humidifier on route to see if I can reduce the static charge in the room. If doing this does not help with the print then I don't know what else we could try. I don't really want to send work out or to our office in Glasgow who have a Mimaki :| as we will never hear the end of it.

Any ideas would be greatly welcomed.

Kai Perry

Post by Kai Perry » Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:07 am

Contact the RolandCare team and get an engineer to look at the machine, they can better determine the cause 01275 335540.
Kai Perry
Application Engineer
Roland DG (UK) Ltd
http://www.rolanddg.co.uk

fuelledpromo

Post by fuelledpromo » Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:30 pm

Luckily we already have an engineer booked to come into us this Friday to hopefully fix a failed damper on one of our Mimaki UV Flatbed printers and it will be the same engineer that fitted the damper on our VS540 towards the later part of last year.

I will report back with his findings on Friday.