Nose cone dont work

Post questions, share ideas and techniques relating to engraving and impact imaging
Bruza

Nose cone dont work

Post by Bruza » Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:17 pm

Hello, I recently bought a used EGX 350 and I'm having problems when I use the nose cone. I set everything right according to the manual. I put the nose cone to the end, I go back to 0, then I loose 2 laps. Activate the Auto Z, go with the spindle until it touches the material, loosen the tool until it is put into the material. Then I raise the cone nose at the chosen depth (0.2 mm). When starting to engraving, the tool does not touch the material. It floats above the material about a 5mm. I do not know what to do. The technical assistance here in Brazil does not know to solve, I was told not to use, that would be better. But I need to, because I engraving litle plates for electrical panels, and it makes a difference to use the nose cone .... can anyone help me?

Kai Perry

Re: Nose cone dont work

Post by Kai Perry » Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:27 am

Have you tried testing the output with Dr. Engrave instead of EngraveStudio, just in case it's a setting in the software. Your setup sounds correct, so would be worth a try.
Kai Perry
Application Engineer
Roland DG (UK) Ltd
http://www.rolanddg.co.uk