EGX 300 connection issues

Post questions, share ideas and techniques relating to engraving and impact imaging
wagbo1

EGX 300 connection issues

Post by wagbo1 » Sun Jun 07, 2020 3:03 pm

Hi all, I recently purchased a second hand EGX 300 however I am having issues sending data accross from Dr Engrave to the machine. Whenever I press print, the spindle will start rotating and continuously spin for some time, until finally stopping. I've noticed it will stop spinning once the print job on my computer thinks it is "done". Originally I thought it was the X/Y/Z motors not working, however I can move them manually with the arrow keys and Z adjustment keys. It just doesn't move when in print mode.

For context, I am using Windows 7 32 bit, Dr Engrave 2.7.2, the 2.5D driver (installed as LPT and then switched to USB after), all connected through a USB to parallel cable. I have also tried using Dr Engrave 2.68 but no luck there either.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Kai Perry

Re: EGX 300 connection issues

Post by Kai Perry » Mon Jun 08, 2020 8:41 am

Ensure that you haven't set the home and view positions as the same point.
Kai Perry
Application Engineer
Roland DG (UK) Ltd
http://www.rolanddg.co.uk

wagbo1

Post by wagbo1 » Mon Jun 08, 2020 7:13 pm

Thank you Kai, that was it exactly it! I'd tried literally everything else and was going mad thinking of what it could be.

I just wanted to say also that all of your posts on this forum have been extremely helpful for me setting up this device. I'm glad to see such dedicated support for an old machine - so thankyou!!

Kai Perry

Post by Kai Perry » Wed Jun 10, 2020 9:28 am

Thanks very much, Glad it was something simple.
Kai Perry
Application Engineer
Roland DG (UK) Ltd
http://www.rolanddg.co.uk