EGX-20 VS Windows7 USB-Parallel cable

Post questions, share ideas and techniques relating to engraving and impact imaging
kikkoman1

EGX-20 VS Windows7 USB-Parallel cable

Post by kikkoman1 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:34 pm

Hallo.
I have (had) an EGX-20 installed at a Windows 7 PC. To start with the installation went ok, I installed it by choosing LPT1 as port and after installation I changed it to USB1.
Machine was working perfect for some weeks and I engraved some signs by using Dr Engraver.
Later on some of my colleagues installed some other equipment at the PC, after that it lost connection with the EGX-20.
I have now tried to do the same installation at 3 other PC's with windows 7. The problem is that I can not get it to work anywhere. They dont recognize the EGX-20 as a printer.
I have installed and un-installed and installed back again...and again..and again.. :?
The parallel cable came without any drivers, and it was working fine in the beginning....
Does anyone have any ideas if I have missed something, or some other suggestions.
I might purchase a new cable to see if that helps, but was thinking to give this forum a try first. :)

Ryan Anderson

Re: EGX-20 VS Windows7 USB-Parallel cable

Post by Ryan Anderson » Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:05 am

Usually the USB adapter cable needs its own drivers as well. Check to make sure these are there.
Ryan Anderson
RolandCare Engineer
Roland DG (UK) Ltd
My LinkedIn Profile

kikkoman1

Post by kikkoman1 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:24 am

Thank you Ryan. I can not get the specific drivers for this adaptor. So I will order a new cable, incl driver CD. Hopefully I will manage after this. We will see... I will update this post when I have tried.

Ryan Anderson

Post by Ryan Anderson » Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:48 am

That's great, thanks for the update.
Ryan Anderson
RolandCare Engineer
Roland DG (UK) Ltd
My LinkedIn Profile