Problem with EGX-600 & Dr. Engrave

Post questions, share ideas and techniques relating to engraving and impact imaging
dnaengraving

Problem with EGX-600 & Dr. Engrave

Post by dnaengraving » Sun Feb 28, 2016 10:07 pm

We've owned the EGX-600 for 4 years and have been using Dr. Engrave with no issues. Recently, without changing anything, we've been experiencing issues when engraving. When doing a job with multiple passes - the engraver is not going back to it's original point when making multiple passes on the y-axis. Futhermore, when starting or stopping a job and turning the computer (or engraver) on or off it will still not have repeatability on the y-axis. We've sent our engraver to Roland for assessment and they didn't find anything wrong with the machine itself so I'm wondering if it may be something with Dr. Engrave or the drivers on the computer. Any thoughts on what could be causing these issues? We're at a loss and need to get this working ASAP. Thanks in advance!

Kai Perry

Re: Problem with EGX-600 & Dr. Engrave

Post by Kai Perry » Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:08 am

This is quick and easy to test, try a fresh install on a different PC, with a new replacement cable as well.

This will then show if it is a PC, issue, it could be as simple as a Windows update causing issues.
Kai Perry
Application Engineer
Roland DG (UK) Ltd
http://www.rolanddg.co.uk

dnaengraving

Post by dnaengraving » Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:57 pm

I am having difficulty navigating the Roland website to download the proper driver onto the new PC. Where can I get a copy of the windows 7, or 8, or 10 driver for the EGX-600

Kai Perry

Post by Kai Perry » Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:38 pm

You can download the drivers from this website.
Kai Perry
Application Engineer
Roland DG (UK) Ltd
http://www.rolanddg.co.uk