EGX 400 & 600 Cutting of dimensional letters

Post questions, share ideas and techniques relating to engraving and impact imaging
michaelgaines

EGX 400 & 600 Cutting of dimensional letters

Post by michaelgaines » Tue Aug 30, 2016 12:39 am

I've just acquired a used EGX400 , and I'd like to know the following:

1. Can I cut substrates to create dimensional characters (Substrate usually acrylic)
2. What bit is recommended if I can indeed cut dimensional characters" (assume acrylic)
3.What depth, can I achieve in cutting dimensional Characters? My EGX says it's got 1.57 z clearance -- does that mean I can cut 1" Dimensional characters?
4. Any other ADA drilling tools for the braille out there, and what bit size do I need?
5. My unit has all the original software per the current website, Dr. Engrave produces high quality engraving utilizing TrueType fonts. 3D Engrave allows you to produce 3D reliefs. MODELA Player CAM software reads DXF and STL files created with popular 3D CAD programs.*4) Virtual MODELA*5) enables simulation of finished shapes for previewing on your computer screen before beginning production. A Windows® driver is also included. ***Will this all enable me to design, cut, and engrave etc or do I or should I consider purchasing additonal?*** Keep in mind, I'm largely a sign maker and not normally engraving tags, plates and such.

6. Can I use this system to engrave Brass Plaques , etc... What bit or bits would I need to do that?

Sorry for so many questions, I'm new to the roland engraver here...

Sincerely,

Michael

michaelgaines

Re: EGX 400 & 600 Cutting of dimensional letters

Post by michaelgaines » Tue Aug 30, 2016 6:02 pm

Hello, anybody out here that can advise?

Thank you.

M

mrtn
Gold Member

Post by mrtn » Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:46 pm

They'll show up soon.
Roland Dealer since 1993
facebook
instagram

Patrick Thorn
Gold Member

Post by Patrick Thorn » Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:37 pm

I just saw this. Actually for full control of your graphics and easy engraving in 2D Vectric VCarve is what 99% of user have. You can get a free trial at www.vectric.com and even cut their sample files, but not your own till purchased. Lots of helpful learning resources. I would recommend you have a look.
Patrick Thorn
Premier Consultant - 3D Technology
Roland DG UK Ltd

http://www.rolanddg.co.uk