MDX-15 Newbie Question

Post questions, share ideas and techniques relating to 3D prototyping and milling
Renwaar

MDX-15 Newbie Question

Post by Renwaar » Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:06 pm

Hi All,

First post here and sincere apologies if this is a duplication. I cannot find anything specific to my problem so here goes..

I have designed a simple small part that imports to Modela Player perfectly, then I have added a surface, roughing and finishing path. All with the given tool configurations.
Then I preview the milling in virtual modela and it looks perfect through all three paths.
So onto the machine and some hours later when the processes are complete the part is 'almost' complete. The finishing stage stops exactly half way through the piece leaving me with a half rough and half good surface on the top and sides of the part.
I have tried giving more margin and remaking the paths several times using different directions etc. - always the same result.

Please can anyone offer any advice on this, I hope this is a simple fix, but not too simple to make me look - well you know. I'm happy to post images, just don't wish to clutter the forum up if this is a simple answer.

Also could someone point me in the right direction to read up on the differences, advantages and disadvantages of the Path Types; Scan, Unidirectional and Contour Lines?

Thank you

Renwaar

Modela MDX-15
Roland Modela Player 4 Version 2.0.1.0
Virtual Modela Version 1.7.1.0
Windows 7 64Bit

Material is 12mm Nylon N6
Tool is 3mm square 4fl

Renwaar

Re: MDX-15 Newbie Question

Post by Renwaar » Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:08 pm

This issue was simply solved by updating the Player 4 software from 2.0.1.0 to 2.1.

Hope this helps anyone else who may come across this problem.

Renwaar

Patrick Thorn
Gold Member

Re: MDX-15 Newbie Question

Post by Patrick Thorn » Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:25 pm

Glad you solved that. :D
Always worth bookmarking our Updates in the Download area for latest drivers etc.
Patrick Thorn
Premier Consultant - 3D Technology
Roland DG UK Ltd

http://www.rolanddg.co.uk