Generating G-codes from modela player

Post questions, share ideas and techniques relating to 3D prototyping and milling
rangel96

Generating G-codes from modela player

Post by rangel96 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:10 pm

Hello! :)
I am a mechanical engineering student and a SRM 20 owner. As so I have been using modela player 4 with my machine.
I am also a team member on my university (Instituto Superior de Engenharia de Lisboa) Formula Student team (an international competition where students all over the world build a racing car), being uncharged of machining some parts for our car.
But, besides using my SRM 20, I will also have to use my college CNC ( an Arrow 500, with an Acramatic 2100 controller). And I was really looking forward to use the same software I use with SRM to generate g-codes.
I can export .prn files with Modela but the Arrow 500 just reads NC - code.
Do you know if there is any way to convert codes between the two files/ someone I could contact that could give me some help on that matter?
Thanks so much,
best regards,
André Rangel

Patrick Thorn
Gold Member

Re: Generating G-codes from modela player

Post by Patrick Thorn » Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:14 am

Hi Andre
Our Modela Player software is designed to drive our machines only in the native RML format, thats why it is included with the machine at no extra charge to the user. We do not offer NC support for any other machines, sorry!
Other simple CAM softwares like ours are many, maybe www.vectric.com have a solution for your Arrow machine.
Patrick Thorn
Premier Consultant - 3D Technology
Roland DG UK Ltd

http://www.rolanddg.co.uk

rangel96

Re: Generating G-codes from modela player

Post by rangel96 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:44 pm

Ok.
Thanks,
will give it a try.
Regards,
André